yes theyre good. dont forget tsol, social d, adolescents, ssd, slapshot(not total old school), and the ever wonderful hometown heroes, Articles of Faith
Quote by mckraf99
yes theyre good. dont forget tsol, social d, adolescents, ssd, slapshot(not total old school), and the ever wonderful hometown heroes, Articles of Faith

In no way is Social Distortion hardcore.
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
Negative Approach is probably my favorite old-school hardcore band. Minor Threat, Government Issue, Bad Brains, Black Flag, Poison Idea, and DYS come pretty close though.
I always hesitate to call Gorilla Biscuits old school hardcore since hardcore had already been around for ten years when they became a band.
Quote by Manos15
In no way is Social Distortion hardcore.

Are you f***in retarded? Have you even listened to Mommy's Little Monster or Mainliner? They may not be your precious tough guy/live for the crew hardcore, but theyre definitely more important.
Quote by mckraf99
Are you f***in retarded? Have you even listened to Mommy's Little Monster or Mainliner? They may not be your precious tough guy/live for the crew hardcore, but theyre definitely more important.

Of course I've listened to them. It's just punk, nothing hardcore about it. And it's pretty cool to assume I'm into "tough guy" hardcore. I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're an ignorant **** who know nothing about hardcore. **** off.
^I'm guna assume your both douche bags, just from reading your posts
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
what makes a band hardcore then? and what the hell do you think hardcore is anyway? it's punk with an aggressive sound and stripped down look and DIY, which Social D falls under.
fine compare TSOL with SOA and you'll see the difference. I guess in your book every band should sound the same.
haha too slow? its not all about the music pal. Minutemen are easily one of the greatest hardcore bands alive and they didn't even play YOUR style.
Quote by mckraf99
haha too slow? its not all about the music pal. Minutemen are easily one of the greatest hardcore bands alive and they didn't even play YOUR style.

Shut the **** up! How would you know "my style" of hardcore. I lied when I said was done arguing.
hahaha you're getting upset over an online argument. who the hell cares man. ive just been messing with you this entire time because you kept getting upset. do your own thing and dont give a **** what anyone else thinks. take it easy man.
The earliest uses of the term 'hardcore punk' mostly meant that they were devoted to 'punk culture', it included what became hardcore as well as a number of bands that don't really play hardcore (Social D, Mission of Burma). By about 1980 the term started being used more and more to mean the faster, more straight ahead sorta punk that was coming out of NY, DC and Orange county.

There, quit bickering.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
lets just officially leave it at the best band to ever grace the hardcore world has and always will be the Bad Brains.