Page 1 of 2
looking too get an online band together do some covers, some jam songs, whatever everyone is up to. message me if you are interested.

guitar/bass: evening crow

guitar: klynch (aim: kevinkoolx)

drummer: GNRjungle87

singer: shadow_666
Last edited by klynch at Oct 5, 2008,
Quote by GNRjungle87
I'll drum for you guys definitely.

I have a "studio" in my basement, so I can get some pretty good quality drum tracks.

yeah sure you can join in. your recordings sound really good too!
I'll sing for you guys, and I can do a little guitar if you want.

I use GarageBand mostly for recording.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
i think what we could do is start out with a cover, just to test things out. i think the best way to do it is record drums first, then bass, guitars and finally vocals (that's if anyone can sing). all i'm using is audacity, so no fancy production work coming from me. if you or evening crow have an actual recording program, with sound editing and what not, they should be like the "producer". we would just email each other the mp3's of us playing and put them together. i'll post up my aim sn so communication can go more quickly.
So do you need a singer?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
So do you need a singer?

yeah how well can you sing?
Quote by klynch
i think what we could do is start out with a cover, just to test things out. i think the best way to do it is record drums first, then bass, guitars and finally vocals (that's if anyone can sing). all i'm using is audacity, so no fancy production work coming from me. if you or evening crow have an actual recording program, with sound editing and what not, they should be like the "producer". we would just email each other the mp3's of us playing and put them together. i'll post up my aim sn so communication can go more quickly.

Good idea...I'll record the drums to whatever song we're doing, export it as an mp3, then I'll send it to guitarist and bassist, then u guys send your guitar and bass tracks back to me and I'll mix em, then I'll send the mixed product to the singer, singer sends back to me and I can make the final mix if you guys would like. Doesn't have to go that way, just an idea, and since I'm the drummer I figure I'll probably have the most tracks so it'd be easier to mix on my comp but up to you guys. What do you think?
Quote by GNRjungle87
Good idea...I'll record the drums to whatever song we're doing, export it as an mp3, then I'll send it to guitarist and bassist, then u guys send your guitar and bass tracks back to me and I'll mix em, then I'll send the mixed product to the singer, singer sends back to me and I can make the final mix if you guys would like. Doesn't have to go that way, just an idea, and since I'm the drummer I figure I'll probably have the most tracks so it'd be easier to mix on my comp but up to you guys. What do you think?

works for me. true, since you are the drummer you going to be dealing with the bulk of the tracks so if you want to you can do the editing.
Quote by klynch
yeah how well can you sing?

Alright, I guess. I can do a bit of Chris Cornell and Layne Staley stuff (not quite Jesus Christ Pose, but I can do Black Hole Sun and Would?) and I have a pretty decent range (falsettos and stuff easy). What are you looking for?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by shadow__666
Alright, I guess. I can do a bit of Chris Cornell and Layne Staley stuff (not quite Jesus Christ Pose, but I can do Black Hole Sun and Would?) and I have a pretty decent range (falsettos and stuff easy). What are you looking for?

well if you sound good than no problem you can be in. do you have any recording stuff?
Quote by GNRjungle87
Cool thanks!

Alright so any ideas in mind as far as our first cover song?

What kinda music are you guys into? (Maybe we can try something simple for the first time).

i think what we should do is just list off 10 of our favorite bands, that are cover-able i think dream theater stuff might be a little too complex to do over the internet.
i'll list of my 10 bands (not in any order)

metallica
muse
trivium
avenged sevenfold
megadeth
guns n roses (which i assume you like looking at your name, lol)
children of bodom
pantera
led zeppelin
stone temple pilots

but you can think of a song that would be cool to cover add that in there. like i think it would be really cool to do a heavy metal version of paint it black by the 'stones.
Yeah I'd be down for a Foos cover. Everlong maybe?

The only recording stuff I've got is GarageBand which came with my Mac, and since I just got some new guitar stuff I can't afford any more right now.
Quote by Cathbard
Okay, well my favourite bands are:

Foo Fighters
Nirvana
Dinosaur Jr
Weezer
Mudhoney
My Bloody Valentine
Queens of the Stone Age
Kyuss
Stone Temple Pilots
Soundgarden

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I reckon an Everlong cover would be cool, or maybe a metal version of Interstate Love Song by STP?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by shadow__666
Yeah I'd be down for a Foos cover. Everlong maybe?

The only recording stuff I've got is GarageBand which came with my Mac, and since I just got some new guitar stuff I can't afford any more right now.

well i mean do you have a mic, that kind of stuff. but yeah i think foo song would be fun. i'm thinking either pretender, everlong, hey johnny park, times like these
Computer mic, but I can probably borrow some cash for a real one.
Quote by Cathbard
I just checked, within a week I should be able to afford a cheap live microphone.

Like I said, Everlong would be my favourite, but whatever you guys wanna do is cool by me.
Quote by Cathbard
i would like to do times like these, but everlong is cool with me so i guess i should get on re-learning that song
I'll record vocals to both.
Quote by Cathbard
well lets not get too ahead of ourselves, evening crow is the bass and other guitar player so before we starting going in to this we should hear his opinion... but im sure he would be down.
Update

Wow, this seems to be working out great. I'm down for the Foo's Everlong. As far as i can see, the official lineup will be:

• evening_crow - Guitar (rhythm), Bass & Backup Vox (if needed)
  • klynch - Guitar
  • GNRjungle87 - Drums & Mixing
  • shadow_666 - Vocals

Also, to make things easier here's the list of our 10 favorite bands/influences:

evening_crow
  • Tool
  • Muse
  • Our Lady Peace
  • A Perfect Circle
  • 10 Years
  • Hurt
  • Breaking Benjamin
  • Rage Against The Machine
  • Nirvana
  • Avenged Sevenfold

klynch
  • Metallica
  • Muse
  • Trivium
  • Avenged Sevenfold
  • Megadeth
  • Guns N' Roses
  • Children Of Bodom
  • Pantera
  • Led Zeppelin
  • Stone Temple Pilots

GNRjungle87
  • Foo Fighters
  • Guns N' Roses
  • Metallica
  • Van Halen
  • AC/DC
  • Ozzy Osbourne
  • Motley Crue
  • Avenged Sevenfold
  • Pink Floyd
  • Led Zeppelin

shadow_666
  • Foo Fighters
  • Nirvana
  • Dinosaur Jr.
  • Weezer
  • Mudhoney
  • My Bloody Valentine
  • Queens Of The Stone Age
  • Kyuss
  • Stone Temple Pilots
  • Soundgarden
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Oct 1, 2008,
Setlists

This is how we will figure out what songs we will be recording:
  • Each member will make 5 recommendations on songs they would like to perform. Make sure they have not been recommended by any of the other members. Also, if possible, try not to list more than one song per artist.
  • Once that is done, each member will rate all other member's songs, as well as their own, from 1-5 with "1" being the lowest (less willing to record) and "5" being the highest (most interested in)
  • Remember: rate EVERY song in EVERY member's list
  • I will add up the "points" in order to figure out the highest-rated songs
  • There will be one winner from every member's list.
  • Also, there will be another song (to total up to 5 songs for the band's setlist) that will be chosen. This song will be the overall highest-rated song (that is, everyone's recommendations included) that was not chosen among the previous four.

In here i will list everyone's name, followed by their recommendations, and the names of those who have not yet voted on such recommendations. Those in the color Red are missing from voting in that section.

evening_crow - (evening_crow, klynch, GNRjungle87, shadow_666)
  • "Showbiz" - Muse (5, 5, 1, 5) = 16
  • "Not Enough" - Our Lady Peace (4, 1, 2, 1) = 8
  • "Unholy Confessions" - Avenged Sevenfold (1, 4, 5,4 ) = 14
  • "What If?" - Creed (2, 2, 3, 3) = 10
  • "Life Is Beautiful" - Sixx:AM (3, 3, 4, 2) =12

klynch - (evening_crow, klynch, GNRjungle87, shadow_666)
  • "Hysteria" - Muse (5, 3, 2, 4) = 14
  • "Paint It Black" -Solling Stones (4, 4, 5, 3) = 16
  • "Disposable Heroes" - Metallica (1, 2, 1, 1) = 5
  • "Beast And The Harlot" - Avenged Sevenfold (2, 5, 4, 5) = 16
  • "A Toute Le Monde" - Megadeth (3, 1, 3, 2) = 7

GNRjungle87 - (evening_crow, klynch, GNRjungle87, shadow_666)
  • "For Whom The Bell Tolls" - Metallica( 3, , 3, 2) = 8
  • "Panama" - Van Halen( 1, , 4, 1) = 6
  • "In Bloom" - Nirvana( 5, , 2, 5) = 12
  • "Dammit" - Blink 182( 4, , 5, 4) = 13
  • "Minerva" - Deftones( 2, , 1, 3) = 6

shadow_666 - (evening_crow, klynch, GNRjungle87, shadow_666)
  • "Sludgefeast" - Dinosaur Jr.( 1, , 2, 4) = 7
  • "Say It Ain't So" - Weezer( 4, , 5, 1) = 10
  • "Black Hole Sun" - Soundgarden( 2, , 3, 3) = 8
  • "Vasoline" - Stone Temple Pilots( 3, , 4, 2) = 9
  • "No One Knows" - Queens Of The Stone Age( 5, , 1, 5) = 11

Winners so far -
  • "Showbiz" - Muse (16)
  • "Paint It Black" - Rolling Stones (16) TIED "Beast And The Harlot" - Avenged Sevenfold (16); However, due to its difficulty level I believe "Beast And The Harlot" should be eliminated.

News

This section will be for news updates, important info, announcements, and anything else that was not covered previously.

• evening_crow - "I'll be moving to a new address on Sunday and i had to start packing already. That means that i won't be able to record my tracks till maybe next week or so. Sorry about the delay guys. However, I noticed that it'll take shadow_666 about a week to get a vocal mic anyway, so the holdup won't be so bad. Talking about that... I recommend you get either a Shure SM-58 or a Sennheiser E835 (which i own) for ur vocals.
  • It's been decided that "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters will be our first song.

Last edited by evening_crow at Oct 13, 2008,
Well guys, I really hope this works out. There was one final thing that I wanted to ask of all of you and that is to please erase ALL posts (except original post by TS) that are not necessary. I will update the specialized sections I've made pretty much daily, so if you see that I have already read your post and added it to mine, please delete them. Doing so will help us be more organized and make things easier as well.

Thank You.

* "Showbiz" - Muse (5, , , )
* "Not Enough" - Our Lady Peace (4, , , )
* "Unholy Confessions" - Avenged Sevenfold (1, , , )
* "What If?" - Creed (2, , , )
* "Life Is Beautiful" - Sixx:AM (3, , , )

klynch

* ( hysteria - muse - 3)
* ( paint it black - rolling stones - 4)
* ( disposable heroes - metallica - 2)
* ( beast and the harlot - A7X - 5 )
* ( a toute le monde - megadeth (original) - 1 )

GNRjungle87

* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )

shadow_666

* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
Quote by klynch

* "Not Enough" - Our Lady Peace (1, , , )
* "Unholy Confessions" - Avenged Sevenfold (4, , , )

klynch

* ( hysteria - muse - 3)
* ( paint it black - rolling stones - 4)
* ( disposable heroes - metallica - 2)
* ( beast and the harlot - A7X - 5 )
* ( a toute le monde - megadeth (original) - 1 )

GNRjungle87

* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )

shadow_666

* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )

opps sorry forgot to rate yours just updated it.
Quote by evening_crow
Setlists

This is how we will figure out what songs we will be recording:
  • Each member will make 5 recommendations on songs they would like to perform. Make sure they have not been recommended by any of the other members. Also, if possible, try not to list more than one song per artist.
  • Once that is done, each member will rate all other member's songs, as well as their own, from 1-5 with "1" being the lowest (less willing to record) and "5" being the highest (most interested in)
  • Remember: rate EVERY song in EVERY member's list
  • I will add up the "points" in order to figure out the highest-rated songs
  • There will be one winner from every member's list.
  • Also, there will be another song (to total up to 5 songs for the band's setlist) that will be chosen. This song will be the overall highest-rated song (that is, everyone's recommendations included) that was not chosen among the previous four.

In here i will list everyone's name, followed by their recommendations, and the names of those who have not yet voted on such recommendations. Those in the color Red are missing from voting in that section.

• "Showbiz" - Muse (5,1 , , )
  • "Not Enough" - Our Lady Peace (4,2 , , )
  • "Unholy Confessions" - Avenged Sevenfold (1,5 , , )
  • "What If?" - Creed (2,3 , , )
  • "Life Is Beautiful" - Sixx:AM (3,4 , , )

klynch - (evening_crow, klynch, GNRjungle87, shadow_666)
  • ( , , , )
  • ( , , , )
  • ( , , , )
  • ( , , , )
  • ( , , , )

• "For Whom the Bell Tolls" - Metallica(3, , , )
  • "Panama" - Van Halen(4, , , )
  • "In Bloom" - Nirvana(2, , , )
  • "Dammit" - Blink 182(5, , , )
  • "Minerva" - Deftones(1 , , )

shadow_666 - (evening_crow, klynch, GNRjungle87, shadow_666)
  • ( , , , )
  • ( , , , )
  • ( , , , )
  • ( , , , )
  • ( , , , )

There's mine.

Also: Would it be possible to change from Everlong to Times Like These? I'm kinda leaning towards Times Like These now. What do you guys think?
Quote by klynch

* "Not Enough" - Our Lady Peace (4, , , )
* "Unholy Confessions" - Avenged Sevenfold (1, , , )

klynch

* ( hysteria - muse - 3, 2)
* ( paint it black - rolling stones - 4, 5)
* ( disposable heroes - metallica - 2, 1)
* ( beast and the harlot - A7X - 5,4 )
* ( a toute le monde - megadeth (original) - 1, 3 )

* "For Whom the Bell Tolls" - Metallica(3, , , )
* "Panama" - Van Halen(4, , , )
* "In Bloom" - Nirvana(2, , , )
* "Dammit" - Blink 182(5, , , )
* "Minerva" - Deftones(1 , , )

shadow_666

* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )
* ( , , , )

I rated yours. Shadow, quote this one for when u do your own, since this is most complete so far.

Thanks

* "Showbiz" - Muse (5, 5, , )
* "Not Enough" - Our Lady Peace (4, 1, , )
* "Unholy Confessions" - Avenged Sevenfold (1, 4, , )
* "What If?" - Creed (2, 3, , )
* "Life Is Beautiful" - Sixx:AM (3, 2, , )

klynch

* ( hysteria - muse - 3, 2, 4)
* ( paint it black - rolling stones - 4, 5, 3)
* ( disposable heroes - metallica - 2, 1, 1)
* ( beast and the harlot - A7X - 5, 4, 5)
* ( a toute le monde - megadeth (original) - 1, 3, 2 )

* "For Whom the Bell Tolls" - Metallica(3, 2, , )
* "Panama" - Van Halen(4, 1, , )
* "In Bloom" - Nirvana(2, 5, , )
* "Dammit" - Blink 182(5, 4, , )
* "Minerva" - Deftones(1, 3, )

shadow_666

Sludgefeast (Dinosaur Jr.) (4, , , )
Say It Ain't So (Weezer) ( 1, , , )
Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden) ( 3, , , )
Vasoline (Stone Temple Pilots) ( 2, , , )
No One Knows (Queens of the Stone Age) (5 , , , )

I rated everyone's and left mine.

evening_crow= I can't afford either of those microphones. I only make $20 New Zealand dollars a week and I just bought a new chorus pedal which left me with $40. If you guys can wait a few weeks I can probably get a better one, but in the short term I can only afford a cheap Behringer mike that Harmony Central says isn't too bad.
Quote by Cathbard
Last edited by shadow__666 at Oct 1, 2008,
]evening_crow - (evening_crow, klynch, GNRjungle87, shadow_666)

* "Showbiz" - Muse (5, 5, , )
* "Not Enough" - Our Lady Peace (4, 1, , )
* "Unholy Confessions" - Avenged Sevenfold (1, 4, , )
* "What If?" - Creed (2, 3, , )
* "Life Is Beautiful" - Sixx:AM (3, 2, , )

klynch

* ( hysteria - muse - 3, 2, 4)
* ( paint it black - rolling stones - 4, 5, 3)
* ( disposable heroes - metallica - 2, 1, 1)
* ( beast and the harlot - A7X - 5, 4, 5)
* ( a toute le monde - megadeth (original) - 1, 3, 2 )

* "For Whom the Bell Tolls" - Metallica(3, 2, , )
* "Panama" - Van Halen(4, 1, , )
* "In Bloom" - Nirvana(2, 5, , )
* "Dammit" - Blink 182(5, 4, , )
* "Minerva" - Deftones(1, 3, )

shadow_666

Sludgefeast (Dinosaur Jr.) (4,2, , )
Say It Ain't So (Weezer) ( 1,5 , , )
Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden) ( 3,3, , )
Vasoline (Stone Temple Pilots) ( 2,4, , )
No One Knows (Queens of the Stone Age) (5,1, , )

I'm officially done!

Now everyone else has to rate...
We need to pick easier songs...some of these are ridiculous on drums....like Beast and the Harlot.
Quote by GNRjungle87
We need to pick easier songs...some of these are ridiculous on drums....like Beast and the Harlot.

I agree. Also, seeing as it tied up with "Paint it Black" i think it should be fine if we only try the Rolling Stones.

Agree?

Also, i'm adding up the last votes.

EDIT: shadow_666, no problem about the mic.

I'm cool with Paint It Black. Be warned though; I don't sound anything like Mick Jagger and if I try I just sound like a cat dying.

Also, just call me Shadow. The 666 was during a short lived bogan phase that I'm not proud of at all.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by evening_crow
I agree. Also, seeing as it tied up with "Paint it Black" i think it should be fine if we only try the Rolling Stones.

Agree?

Also, i'm adding up the last votes.

EDIT: shadow_666, no problem about the mic.

Yeah so let's do Paint It Black.

Original version or metal version?
Quote by GNRjungle87
Yeah so let's do Paint It Black.

Original version or metal version?

Is there a particular metal version? I wouldn't mind doing so, yet i can get my guitar to sound close to a sitar with my X3 Live.

Quote by evening_crow
Is there a particular metal version? I wouldn't mind doing so, yet i can get my guitar to sound close to a sitar with my X3 Live.

I'm not sure if there's a metal version, but making our own would be pretty cool I think.
I like putting my own spin on covers, so metal version IMO.
Quote by Cathbard
I'm no M.Shadows, but I can scream a bit.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by klynch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQxEo84ufzg

i did a guitar cover of paint it black, it's more metal sounding.

shadow if you can do screaming i think it would fit really well with this version.

Haha, that's sick. I'll record drums to that guitar track, and then when I send you guys the mp3 you're going to hear the guitar with the drums and for the final product once everyone has their parts recorded, I'll take out the Youtube guitar.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Haha, that's sick. I'll record drums to that guitar track, and then when I send you guys the mp3 you're going to hear the guitar with the drums and for the final product once everyone has their parts recorded, I'll take out the Youtube guitar.

ill try to see if i can remember the solo at the end. i was trying to do a random sound kind of solo like at the end of for whom the bell tolls. btw the guitar is a whole step down, you can get away with playing in drop d.
Page 1 of 2