Hi, I'm new to half stacks and the like, I've used combos my whole time playing guitar, and I'm considering my first head/cab combo.

I heard some heads cant go with certain cabs because of wattage, so I thought I'd come here before buying anything.

Will this head: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-FlexWave-Series-FW120H-120W-Guitar-Amp-Head-104322946-i1175924.gc

go with this cab/extension: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-V-Series-V212B-2x12-Guitar-Extension-Cabinet-104510896-i1372075.gc

thanks.
You don't want that amp! Its cheap and sounds like crap.

What is your budget?
What styles of music do you play?
Does it have to be new or are you willing to go used?
If you're willing to go used, where are you located on the globe?
My budget is somewhere within the 200-low 400$ area
I play metal, needs lots of gain and plenty of volume
Used is what I prefer
I'm located in south Texas
from my experience, trust me you dont want to get cheap heads. what amp from now? try to stick with combos until you can afford high end stacks.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
You can maybe save up a LITTLE more and buy a RG75g. or you can go buy a decent cabinet and put a combo into it if you just want the loudness
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by KirkHamsandwich
My budget is somewhere within the 200-low 400$ area
I play metal, needs lots of gain and plenty of volume
Used is what I prefer
I'm located in south Texas

Don't get a half stack with that budget.

Cheap heads generally sound like crap with any cab.

Cheap cabs generally sound like crap with any head.
that's some good advice you're getting. if you really want a half stack for $400 and don't give a shiet about your tone, get a used marshall mg series. if u care about your tone at all, get a blue voodoo; all tube head is found everywhere used for around $300-$400. when you get your next paycheck, switch to geico and save some $ on your car insurance and buy a used marshall 1960A cab. there you go, cheapest h/s possible with respectable tone.
It's all about feel
to answer your question....it wont go with that cab. the head is 120watts.
that cab can handle only 100watts. so, at low levels it might be alright...but anything higher than about 2, i would be skeptical....

and like ive said and others too....dont get it..

save and get a nice tube amp....say 50-75 watts...

you'll have twice the power...and it will sound good when turned up...

that Crate sounds good on 0.

anything above that..no..

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15