I'm trading 4s with my teacher over the chords from clapton's unplugged Layla

Dm - B - C - Dm

anyone have any d minor licks/riffs/patterns to suggest?
A good friend will bail you out of jail

A true friend will be sitting beside you saying ''man, we fucked up but we had it goooood"
That was the first song I ever did improv on!
I just used the D blues scale, but now I tend to play around with the arpeggios in the chords, creating a melodic/bluesy type solo with that.

So on the Dm chord you would play a Dm arpeggio, etc
yeah but trading fours means that i have about 10 seconds. if i arpeggiate the chords it will take up my whole time, and i think we're only trading 4-6 times depending. i found a couple things but yeah.

playing the changes is good though, thanks.

A true friend will be sitting beside you saying ''man, we fucked up but we had it goooood"
playing the changes works, but i dont think arpeggiating would be good because i only have about 10 seconds per 8 bars so it would just take too long. but i meant more kinda any riffs or licks specifically that work for d minor

and yeah Bb, my bad

Completely OT, to bangoodcharlote, what is your sig about? Just out of interest.
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.
Arpeggios can be a great idea if you blend them well. I don't do this very well, but it sounds really cool when you move from one arpeggio into another and just make it sound like one chord arpeggio, rather than sounding like you made some change in there. If it just flows smoothly over the chords.. That's the money there.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)