Hi guys,
Myself and 2 of my friends have recently started playing together... none of us are fantastic but we can keep a beat and play some cool stuff for sure...
The problem is that it seems very hard for us to learn a song. for example one cover we decided to do is Dazed and Confused. We all know the parts, but when we play it it just doesn't click together rhythmically i guess.
I already know it and can play along with it... how can I get the others to that level?
How do you guys go about teaching your band a song?
hey! you live in lompoc, how is it in the land of the weird murals? (I live near San Luis)

I guess just try to practice as much as you can. I would think that as the band gets tighter you'll all be more "in tune" with eachother and learning songs will be easier.
play the song on cd while you all play it together. that way everyone should be on time. generally when people learn something they speed it up a little. at least i had that problem.
Quote by samick007
hey! you live in lompoc, how is it in the land of the weird murals? (I live near San Luis)

I guess just try to practice as much as you can. I would think that as the band gets tighter you'll all be more "in tune" with eachother and learning songs will be easier.

haha foggy as usual... you know how it is in central cal

thanks for the advice everyone
just practice heaps. also break the songs down into small sections, then once u can play all the small sections perfectly, put it together.

you just need to practice more together. After you learn your parts just start jamming on the tune for awhile.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.