hey guys, im thinking about getting strap locks for my les paul junior because its suffered so many injuries from the strap coming off =( so yeah if i get the strap locks...what if the screws/holes are too small? what if theyre too big? what do i need to do if im stuck in those situations? help would be greatly appreciated.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
2 options....

If it is too small drill the hole bigger (only in small increments) until the screw fits right

If it is too big fill in the old hole with wood chips and wood glue, drill a new hole and screw in the straplocks

I have had only one case where i thought it needed fixing, it is usually a good fit out of the box
if the holes are too big your guitar will fall of the strap. if they're too small, you will know by the fact that you won't be able to put the screw in. if too small, drill wider. if too large, use wood glue (only works on your guitar, not anything with value)
It's all about feel
Quote by hopespaul
if too large, use wood glue (only works on your guitar, not anything with value)

like, do i fill in the holes with wood glue?.......where can i get those wood chips mentioned earlier?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Don't strap locks usually attach to the strap buttons already on the guitar? Personally, I just use the red rubber parts off Grolsh bottles.
If it's to small just make the hole bigger.
If it's to big you take a toothpick, break it to were it fits in the hole, put the glue in it and screw the screw in the hole.

That's the way I've always seen it done..
Quote by BrockTandem
Don't strap locks usually attach to the strap buttons already on the guitar? Personally, I just use the red rubber parts off Grolsh bottles.

no.

If holes are too small you're ok.

If they're too big (which they should not be) get some toothpicks, coat them in glue and stick them in the hole. let them dry and then install the new screws. filling the hole with glue will not work.
toothpicks and wood glue would solve the problem for a big screw hole.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
eh i know this is an old thread, but like....i screw in the screw as the tooth picks in it?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Use some wood glue to hold the toothpick in the hole. That'll give the screw something to bite onto.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
If the strap locks dont fit, you must acquit!

Square toothpicks would prolly work better than round.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300