Quote by JazmiN_TroopeR
can anyone tell me how to make your own tabs???

thanks!!

Well...you get a guitar...figure out how to play a song...then write it down in a text editor.
You're*
Powertab Editor. download.com

Type in Powertab Editor

download Powertab Editor 1.7
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
Quote by JazmiN_TroopeR

thanks!!
this is a question better suited to the newbie forum than the Pit.

and there are some instructions on writing tabs on the main site. I'll get you a link, in a moment.

EDIT: here's your link http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/the_guide_to/a_beginners_guide_to_making_tabs_and_chords.html
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Oct 1, 2008,
Quote by JazmiN_TroopeR

thanks!!

I use transcribe (a program) to slow the song down if it's kinda hard but you shouldn't use it unless you really want to it's better to try get it on your own. Then I just copy a whole heap of these on to note pad

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Type intro or verse or chorus or whatever above each one and the (x) and type how many times to play it example (x2). also at the start of the type Tuning:Standard or Drop D or whatever and yeah I'm guessing you already know how to read tabs if not you need to learn first. and start tabbing! just figure out the notes by listening to the song. also watching live videos helps but sometimes it's play differently live. If your still not sure check in the lessons section on this sight it might have something or google it. =) just look at some other tabs as well to get an idea on how to type it out. if you know heaps about music theory and tabbing then you could maybe tell what key it would be in and then tab it but you don't need to though.
Last edited by xXguitard00dXx at Oct 1, 2008,