Hey everybody,
So after reading the thread titled 'How Far Would YOU Go?' I decided to make a thread a little simular. I didn't use the search bar to check for one of these threads already, so please keep all negative comments to yourself. The thread 'How Far Would YOU Go?' was asking people what they would do to get the guitar they want the most, wether it be a custom to there specs, an idol/somebody who inspired you instrument or a model that is/was in production. That thread got me wondering what some people are interested in with a guitar or bass, and I figured making this thread would be a good way for each of us to get an idea of what everyone is looking for in there instrument.

I'm not going to post mine just yet, because I want to see if anybody here on the forum is going to contribute to this thread. If I see that people are interested in this like I am, I'll edit my post and give my specs.

EDIT-
**Nice To See Others Are Contributing**

There are quite a few guitars I'd like to get made, but unfortunatly I don't have the kind of money to do them all at once. I'm hoping within the next year-year and a half I'll be able to get a quote on what I want and have it made. If I can do it sooner then that'd be great!

Anyways, here's what I want::
-ESP Guitar Company.
Scale Length- 25.5 Inches.

Body::
Body Shape- M.
Construction- Neck Thru.
Material- Alder.
Binding- None.
Binding Color- None.
Routing- No Pickguard.
Pickup Configuration- HH.
Finish- Dark Plum Purple Satin.

Neck::
Headstock- ESP Pointed.
Reverse- Yes.
Headstock Color- Matching Body Finish.
Neck Finish- Natural Satin Or Matching. (Undecided)
Fretboard- Ebony.
Number Of Frets- 24.
Fret Size- Extra Jumbo.
Inlays- Custom.
Fretboard End- Square.
Fretboard Binding- Yes.
Headstock Binding- Yes.
Binding Color- White.
Nut- Locking.
Nut Width- 1 11/16.
Neck Contour- Thin U.
Headstock Logo- 'ESP Custom'.

Parts::
Hardware Color- Black.
Bridge System- Original Floyd Rose.
Tuners- (Undecided)
Pickguard- None.
Input Jack- Side Of Body.
Pickups- (Undecided)
Controlle Pattern- Volume/Tone With Toggle Switch In Volume/Tone Pot Possition.

That's pretty much the basics, besides special wiring and everything. I copied my list from a quote form I have printed out, to make sure I didn't miss anything. Didn't give detail on wiring or inlays, but it's enough to get an idea of the guitar.

**Feel Free To Copy My List & Use It To Fill In Your Own Specs**
Last edited by caraluzzo at Oct 1, 2008,
Smooth neck, kick ass& heavy as hell pick-ups, nice floyd,awsome finish, and.... a metal-shape or just a good Superstrat body. I like too that the guitar have matching headstock and body colour or finish, that makes me happy xD
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
UG's look for pointy metal guitars with so much distortion they make a baby cry

I look for classy guitars with very erm, rounded off sides. Bigsby, good cleans, can take the high gain when I'm feeling it. durability, finish
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I look out for:
- great tone, sustain (unplugged too!)
- level of craftmanship (must be inpeckable, zero tolerance for flaws, even in the finish)
- passive pickups
- comfortable playing neck, good upper fret access, comfortable neckjoint
- if i want a trem: how does it handle trem abuse?
- ebony fretboard, or a nice rosewood (not the crap rosewoon that is on 90% of all guitars)
- passive pickups
- good balance
- looks nice
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by l3p4rd
UG's look for pointy metal guitars with so much distortion they make a baby cry

I look for classy guitars with very erm, rounded off sides. Bigsby, good cleans, can take the high gain when I'm feeling it. durability, finish

Speak for yourself.

I prefer a high end guitar with a nice neck, not too fat, not too thin, a nice diverse tone that is sensitive to picking dynamics and can go from soft to aggressive playing, strat shape, full tone and no Floyd (I've found out that I don't really need a Floyd, I rarely use it).
Whatever is comfortable to play, sounds good while plugged in, and sustain.

I like heavy guitars...light ones feel like toys...
Quote by XianXiuHong
Speak for yourself.

I prefer a high end guitar with a nice neck, not too fat, not too thin, a nice diverse tone that is sensitive to picking dynamics and can go from soft to aggressive playing, strat shape, full tone and no Floyd (I've found out that I don't really need a Floyd, I rarely use it).

I wasn't speaking for myself, I was speaking for about 95% of what you're going to see in this topic.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by XianXiuHong
a nice diverse tone

You know, some really crappy guitars make some unique sounds.
Just say expensive.

We all know what we all want, custom made, tailored to us guitars.
Isn't it obvious?
^ you got me XD, but I've already said mine. I don't really know what I would want for sure...I'm not a very good electric guitarist am I? XD
Quote by Rezuya
You know, some really crappy guitars make some unique sounds.
Just say expensive.

We all know what we all want, custom made, tailored to us guitars.
Isn't it obvious?

I already have my custom made guitar .

It's just a bit unfortunate that I no longer feel the need for a Floyd Rose
I play bass so.....

Nice variety of tones in pickups
Ultra-thin, fast neck
22-24 frets
Pleasing to the eye
NO NECKDIVE
Can't be a cheapie from K-mart
Must get jazz tones, metal tones, slap tones.
4 or 5 string. NO 6 STRINGERS
If it is fretless, i like fretmarkers
I prefer Maple or Ebony fretboards
Must be a recognizable, quality brand (not like SX)
Low enough action to slap and play fingerstyle, and high enough to use pickstyle
Must downtune easily
I prefer Swamp Ash bodies
I like block inlays
If a 5 string, the B string can't be floppy
An Opti-Grab would be nice
Not a thunderbird design
Good access to higher frets

See, I'm not demanding at all!

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Nice curves, not too much weight, feels good when you hold it tight or slide your hand up and down it. Same as women.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Nice curves, not too much weight, feels good when you hold it tight or slide your hand up and down it. Same as women.

I can think of something of mine that has that property when I do that to it.
Me too. Me too. But guitars don't make a mess, do they?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
No they don't make it, but they distract you from cleaning the mess.
Quote by Rezuya
I can think of something of mine that has that property when I do that to it.

your guitar?
I came here to drink milk and kick ass.

... And I've just finished my milk.
^ Uhh... my guitar has a bunch of dings in the neck...So no, not really. I guess my other one has a nice neck though...
Quote by Rezuya
No they don't make it, but they distract you from cleaning the mess.

That can become a problem if you have parents. It's worse if you actually manage to have sex.
Quote by Cathbard
From what I read, the majority of people here look for the following things:

1- Cheap
2- How many people say the guitar in question "kills" teh Fender or Gibson
Quote by shadow__666
That can become a problem if you have parents. It's worse if you actually manage to have sex.

I'm trying to figure out how the managing to have sex part would be worse...
But then again I'm a total whackjob who belongs in a padded cell...(Seriosuly, I sat in my room one night holding my katana because I thought my parents where going to kill me if I took a shower and I used to hesitate before eating my food 'cause I thought my parents might have poisoned it...thats wat my high school years were like, which btw I got out sophmore year...)
Quote by SenorSmiley
From what I read, the majority of people here look for the following things:

1- Cheap
2- How many people say the guitar in question "kills" teh Fender or Gibson

Yes, that's what they want but here's a secret: they aren't getting both of those at once.
Quote by SenorSmiley
Rezuya, you have a Fender Katana? Cool.

No, a samurai blade. I probably would have killed my parents if they got near me that night...
Quote by Rezuya
Yes, that's what they want but here's a secret: they aren't getting both of those at once.

Sure they are. It's just the Gibson and Fender "fanboi corksniffers" don't want to admit they waster their money.

Dude, I hope you're getting help. That sounds psycho
Well I guess it depends if you mean cheap by price in general or a good deal...I guess theres some of both...

I think I have that sort of thing under control now... of course, it gave me an edge in psychology class. XD

Edit: anyway, It's probably about time I slept. Later.
Last edited by Rezuya at Oct 1, 2008,
Hey guys, cool to see what some of you guys are into, and apparently talking about how you fap on your spare time. lol.
I updated my original post with detail on what I'd want, which I just copied off a quote form I had filled out. Feel free to copy it and fill in your own specs, although I'm thinking some people are to lazy to do all that.