Page 1 of 2
Hi, guys. Propose to discuss here the horrors that made you tremble with fear. Any ideas, any movies. I'm voting for "Mirrors". Also, like those where action takes place in subways, caves, etc (once watched a Japanese horror with curse dwelling in subway, it was really really creep). Oh, also this one is pretty impressing:
http://www.openfilm.com/videos/subway/

Please, drop links if possible... and be patient to others.
Sairen was quite good, as was Diary of the Dead. Good, not really scary. I don't find many movies scary anymore.

EDIT: Except Kuchisake-Onna: The Slit Mouthed Woman. It actually had me scared every now and then.
Star Wars man... You get horny looking at Yoda, and you know something is wrong.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Brain Dead / Dead Alive, not really scary as such, but ****ING AWESOME nonetheless
Thank you all, guys. "Slit-mouthed woman" is great...Uhh, creepy, like "One missed call"
Last edited by Caprit at Oct 1, 2008,
ill have to check out mirrors

i liked silent hill. i really havent seen a good horror movie in a long time
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
"Silent hill" is wonderful, agreed...but I wasn't SO SO impressed 'cause I used to play the game before)
Cigarette Burns was really good, it was one of the masters of horror mini movies. I am a huge fan of the hellraisers, some were real cheesy but the best one by far is Hellraiser: Inferno, it a huge mind f*&k.
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
Cannibal Holocaust. Not really a horror movie, but you definitely need a strong disposition to get through it in one sitting...
I love horror movies, and have since I was a child, but I can't honestly say that there's ever been a horror movie that was "successful" with me. I've never had nightmares or been really scared watching one.

Horror movies rely far too much on cheap scares (building up suspense with creepy music and then having a cat jump out or something) and the endings are always horrible and cheesy. In fact, the only movie to come really close to being a great horror movie IMO wasn't even a horror movie ... The Others. The ending was awesome, it was creepy, it had a big empty house with lots of unexplored areas, it had ghosts that were actually pretty frightening ... excellent movie and a great bar-setter for any horror movie that wants to drive home the creepiness.
Quote by geeve420
Cigarette Burns was really good, it was one of the masters of horror mini movies. I am a huge fan of the hellraisers, some were real cheesy but the best one by far is Hellraiser: Inferno, it a huge mind f*&k.

Oh yeah I saw that one , Master of Horror is awesome, and so is Hellraiser.

I find '70s 'classic' horrors too cheesy. The last decent horror I saw was The Strangers, because it didn't rely of loads of gore and built up tension very well. But, the ending was a bit of a disappointment.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Wolf Creek if you're looking to be extremely disturbed. Also try The Hills Have Eyes & Hannibal. They are all incredible horrors.
Wasn't a horror movie... But Bram Stoker's Dracula, the 1993 one with Keanu Reeves and Anthony Hopkins... OH AND Monica Bellucci!
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
The Shining scared me ****less the first time I saw it.

The first Saw movie wrenched my gut around. It was just so brilliantly planned, and the idea of having to go through what those people did.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
The Shining scared me ****less the first time I saw it.

The first Saw movie wrenched my gut around. It was just so brilliantly planned, and the idea of having to go through what those people did.

I don't find the Shining scary, at all. The first Saw movie was awesome, but it's turned into a massive franchise and now it's like they're trying to squeeze them out as quickly as possible to make as much money as possible.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead are not horror movies. I place them both in the comedy category. The Exorcist, Christine, Cujo, Halloween (original), and the first Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th are some of the best.
Quote by CTFOD
I don't find the Shining scary, at all. The first Saw movie was awesome, but it's turned into a massive franchise and now it's like they're trying to squeeze them out as quickly as possible to make as much money as possible.

Yeah I can't believe they are releasing Saw V.
Quote by Felty666
Yeah I can't believe they are releasing Saw V.

I remember when the first Saw came out and I said to my friend "Fear Factory have a song on it!"

I was 12.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Nightmare on Elm Street series
Halloween series
Friday 13th Series
Rollercoaster
Johnny got his gun
Prom night
Psycho
The burning
Misery
Carrie
Sleepaway camp
Don't go in the woods
Black christmas
Texas chainsaw massacre
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Scream
Slaughter High
The Funhouse
Castle Freak
Creep
Offerings
Midnight Ride
My Bloody Valentine
New Year's Evil
Happy Birthday to Me
April Fool's Day
Mother's Day
Bloody Birthday
Hell Night
Terror Train
Visiting Hours
Mortuary
Night Warning
The Burning
The Prowler
Maniac
I Know What You Did Last Summer
Urban Legend
The Hills Have Eyes
The Hitcher
criminally insane
Twitch of the Death Nerve
The House on Sorority Row
Slumber Party Massacre
Deliria
Child's Play

Now theres some good slashers for you.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Wolf Creek if you're looking to be extremely disturbed. Also try The Hills Have Eyes & Hannibal. They are all incredible horrors.

Wolf Creek wasn't disturbing. It was a damn good movie, but it wasn't disturbing.
For some reason when ever I was younger, The Blair Witch Project scared the **** out of me, now it just doesn't effect me in that way anymore. I also thought the orginial Halloween and Friday the 13th was pretty scary. I was high as **** when ever I watched The Hills Have Eyes and it ****ed tripped the **** out of me haha.

Quote by CTFOD
I remember when the first Saw came out and I said to my friend "Fear Factory have a song on it!"

I was 12.

Yeah I remember I was like "Dude its Fear Factory!" But imo it was a crappy song by them.
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
Quote by TheDarkLestat
For some reason when ever I was younger, The Blair Witch Project scared the **** out of me, now it just doesn't effect me in that way anymore. I also thought the orginial Halloween and Friday the 13th was pretty scary. I was high as **** when ever I watched The Hills Have Eyes and it ****ed tripped the **** out of me haha.

Yeah I remember I was like "Dude its Fear Factory!" But imo it was a crappy song by them.

I dunno man, it's a good song, but very different to the standard Dino Cazares industrial riffing era. I think that song was a good change of pace for them.

I bought The Blair Witch about a year ago, it was good at building up tension. But thanks to the ending, it sucked. Even if they showed a flash of a face when the camera was whirling around it would be OK.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD

The scariest part of the Shining for me was when the woman looks at the typewriter and sees "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" written hundreds of times.

The chase at the end is scary, the violence isn't scary either. However, that realisation how how he had gone completely insane just chilled me to the bones.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I say an advert about mirrors on the TV, I looked at the trailer and decided it was best if i didnt watch it, lol
Quote by gm jack
The scariest part of the Shining for me was when the woman looks at the typewriter and sees "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" written hundreds of times.

The chase at the end is scary, the violence isn't scary either. However, that realisation how how he had gone completely insane just chilled me to the bones.

Yeah, I get that. It didn't scare me, but I thought it was interesting. It's funny how everyone is freaking out over a couple of twins or some fat old bitch, or "Z0MG! YEW S4W 2 FRAMEZ OF SUM1 CUVRD IN BLUD!!!1!1one!!1"
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by samtberg
Cannibal Holocaust. Not really a horror movie, but you definitely need a strong disposition to get through it in one sitting...

I watched that movie. It was pretty amazingly disgusting. It had rock rape, regular rape, actual live turtle eating, killing a newborn baby by burying it in the mud, penis cutting. All sorts of fun.
Quote by Logan699p
I watched that movie. It was pretty amazingly disgusting. It had rock rape, regular rape, actual live turtle eating, killing a newborn baby by burying it in the mud, penis cutting. All sorts of fun.

They killed a load of animals while filming, amirite? Like the turtle you mentioned, spiders, squirrel monkeys, etc.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
I dunno man, it's a good song, but very different to the standard Dino Cazares industrial riffing era. I think that song was a good change of pace for them.

I bought The Blair Witch about a year ago, it was good at building up tension. But thanks to the ending, it sucked. Even if they showed a flash of a face when the camera was whirling around it would be OK.

Yeah I don't know why I just don't really like it that much, I like more of their obsolete songs *shrug*

But I was like nine or ten when I thought it was the most horrible movie I'd seen. Plus I'd go camping all the time and think about that damn movie. But looking at it now, It really is kind of dumb. I agree that they really should of done something better at the ending instead of showing that one guy hanging in the corner and that chick falling down.
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
28 days later is probably the best horror movie i've ever seen. The unique style the director uses to show the emptiness post-infection is what really got to me. Not to mention the awesome opening scene when Jim walks out of the hospital and East Hastings is playing.
Ichi the Killer.

That's one proper ****ed up film, actually it's the craziest film you will ever see.
.:: Current Setup::.

ESP Ltd Viper 50
Line 6 Spider II 30W
Fender Squire Acoustic Guitar
Encore LP Copy
Ibanez GSR200 Bass
Axl B35 Bass Amp

30 Days of Night was pretty damn good.

and the 28 days series is also excellent.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
The Blair Witch Project. Gaah!
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Page 1 of 2