Page 1 of 2
haha, i was just wondering. what if your fav b9/deathwish/rivalry etc etc band signs to a major label such as sony or warner music and all the scene kids in your school wears their shirts and listens to them. how will you react? just thought it would be a pretty fun topic to go to
well , I will still listen to them if they are very good
but I'll rape anyone who just listen to one or two song from them and say they are the best ****ing band ever

I hate those kind of people

so , still listen to them, if they don't start making shit song cauz they're popular ( what most of the band do )
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Not at all, because I couldn't care less. Everyone would do the same damn thing; go for the bucks.
Who cares? music is like any other job and who's honestly going to say they would turn down a promotion at work offering more money for the same or less work?

I know for damned sure i wouldnt be making £5.52 an hour if i was offered more for doing the same job for a bigger company.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
i would start hating them because theyre mainstream
bceuase if someone else like them im not allowed to like them.

what else am i supposed to do?
I wouldn't blame them. I'd go mainstream for the money myself.

NO SHAME!
I'd be stoked if Pulling Teeth became mainstream, because it means that the mainstream's taste got better.
who cares?
isnt mainstream just high popularity?
so we cant like bands that are popular?
since when did people start liking bands and putting aside the music?
[img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9595/userbar671014hu6.gif[/img]
i wouldnt really care..
at least i would have more friends that would come to concerts with me...
if converge ever goes mainstream it is the end of hardcore music as we know it
It would be slightly upsetting. I like seeing hardcore bands in small venues, where the entire venue contributes to the pileup. I mean don't get me wrong, I would love for the good bands out there to get more recognition, I just enjoy how personal the hardcore scene can be.
on another note...just curious, what do you guys think was the worst example of a hardcore band going mainstream?
Well I mean the most mainstream a hardcore band's ever gone really would be Hatebreed. (Correct me if I'm wrong). And that's not TOO terribly bad, other than the yearly spot on Ozzfest.
If you're talking -core, Atreyu. They were...never good in the first place, but you can definitely see how they changed over time.
Quote by aggiefan33
who are all these people?

and i'd only get really mad if they changed their sound.

Alas, poor AFI. I knew ye well
Easily one of the greatest hardcore revival bands of the 90's
but now? seriously, wtf?
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
eighteen visions sold out the most i think. listen to who the **** killed john lennon then tonightless. somethings wrong. glad theyre done
Quote by mr.joopy987
I'd be stoked if Pulling Teeth became mainstream, because it means that the mainstream's taste got better.

heh true. As long as they still made good music, then it wouldn't matter to me.
this is such a stupid question. besides the fact that these kind of bands dont WANT to go mainstream because its just basically a big family, it wouldn't even matter if they did. we like this music because it is better than the mainstream crap, so if it went mainstream, which it wont because the majority of the population is content and listens to shitty music, it would make no difference.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I kind of doubt Earth Crisis is ever going to hit the mainstream, but if they did? Optimistically, I want to say I wouldn't care, as long as its getting more kids into hardcore. Realistically, there's no way hardcore could go mainstream while retaining the purity of the scene. I love going to hardcore shows in some tiny venue where everyone knows each other, and there's nobody just standing there with their arms crossed the entire time.
GEAR:
Schecter Stilletto
Rogue RM100F Mandolin
Fender FM-63S Mandolin
1975 Ovation Celebrity
lets be honest, nothing on deathwish is ever going to smash into the top 40. the mainstream just isnt interested and thats kind of the point.
Quote by pmeg568c
this is such a stupid question. besides the fact that these kind of bands dont WANT to go mainstream because its just basically a big family, it wouldn't even matter if they did. we like this music because it is better than the mainstream crap, so if it went mainstream, which it wont because the majority of the population is content and listens to shitty music, it would make no difference.

why do you consider mainstream shitty music? I dont like most mainstream music because its just not my taste, but i could so why other people would enjoy it.
by shitty, i mean accessible. it annoys me when people don't attempt to actually find good music and the mainstream music media can play pretty much anything and people will eat it up. The majority of the population has bad taste. Show me any mainstream band and ill find similar sounding bands that aren't douchebags and play good music.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I wouldn't listen to em because i am against mainstream music, its just that for the most part i don't like/listen to mainstream kind of music. Heck, maybe they just need to make some money, but as far as im concerned if its still something that i would enjoy listening to then yeah i would listen to em.
If I could turn on any radio station and hear Converge, Tragedy, Doomriders... I'd be pumped... That might just be me as I have a cd/tape playerless POS 93' ford taurus.
im being neutral and i just wanted to see the reactions.

i mean, seeing comeback kid play download fest this summer is like an opening that hardcore bands can play big stage too. and im pretty sure more and more will come.
Quote by saxaxe
Well I mean the most mainstream a hardcore band's ever gone really would be Hatebreed. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Black Flag.

/thread.
coming to terms with an inevitable death.
Quote by livingbankrupt
If I could turn on any radio station and hear Converge, Tragedy, Doomriders... I'd be pumped... That might just be me as I have a cd/tape playerless POS 93' ford taurus.

I host a radio show that plays hardcore music (exclusively). I doubt many people actually listen, but it's on the Edmonton university station (CJSR) that broadcasts to the city. We're pretty much just pandering to the Edmonton hardcore scene. Also, coincidentally, I have played Tragedy and Converge in the last month on air.

Anyways, to address the question this thread poses; I dislike when bands "sell out." A band I like "selling out" inevitably leads to changes for the worse in almost every instance and having to deal with larger, poorly behaving crowds at shows. I'm happy for bands that become successful, but there's something in me that just can't take them as seriously after a major deal has been signed.
id be like

what the ****
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Quote by livingbankrupt

the radio station i DJ at here at college plays a ton of metal and hardcore. its our main format. we play both converge and doomriders along with a bunch of other sick bands. i think alot of the people on here would really like it. its in my sig if you wanna check it out
Quote by handbanana
R.I.P. Shaun Hand from Metal Sucks. He leaked this album and now Jake Bannon is going to crush his skull
^Damn, 4-8 on a Friday is a prime spot; my friends and I are on 10-12 on Tuesdays.
Have Heart was on the Billboard Top 200 not too long ago.
Does that count? Not really huh.
I heard Comeback Kid on MTV the other day.

I wouldn't mind though. It would be pretty nice if better bands got better coverage like they deserve.
myspace | last.fm
Americans used to roar like lions for liberty,
Now we bleat like sheep for security.
i mean, many hardcore bands worked really hard for years and years, and they deserve more attention and more recognition. i get frustrated seeing people like miley cyrus or the jonas brothers or some other kid actor or kids of celebrities getting so much recognition for playing shitty generic music that obviously doesnt have that much effort put in my the musician itself.
Terror is signed to Century Media now, but I don't consider that selling out. However, imagine your favorite hardcore band being the headliner on some huge tour that only played at huge arenas and the venue being extremely cool about unlimited crowed participation.
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.
Page 1 of 2