I currently own an RG 1570 , and I am intrested whether it is compatible with emgs ( emg 81 actually ) I heard something about increased noise on floyd rose guitars along with emgs , can anybody explain ? ? :s
No? A Floyd Rose system is just a bridge, it in no way affects the pickups. The only thing I can think of is make sure the action isn't so low your strings hit the pickups
Quote by SylvaShredder
No? A Floyd Rose system is just a bridge, it in no way affects the pickups. The only thing I can think of is make sure the action isn't so low your strings hit the pickups

Not quite right. The floyd does have a small inpact on the pups. The floyd has a different spacing then a Gibson like bridge. There are some pickups that are f-spaced so the magnets line up directly with the strings. A sudtle difference really, if you use non f-spaced pups with a trem it wouldn't make a notable difference in sound.

There are EMGs in floyd guitars, so I would assume it would be good.
Weekend Warrior
with active emgs the string spacing dose not matter as it acts like a rail
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I've saw plenty of RG's with floyds and EMGs, as long as the strings aren't vibrating off the pickups then you're good to go, so just watch the spacing.
There are no Floyd spaced active EMGs as they all have bar-style pole pieces, like the DiMarzio X2N