i've been reading up on the syllabus' for trinity and lcm guitar exams , and there is lots of talk of musicality (you and the audience) the ability to respond with empathy to other musicians,
i see this a key area and i was curious on your opinions and also good methods to encourage it in students .

thanks
so basically is the question how you and the audience build a relationship?

help me understand a bit and then i can respond
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Bring students out of their shells. I have one kid who can sing, and won't sing. Solution? Just sing louder and worse. A bit of levity makes it so much easier for younger people to act out their inner rock god, and I think everybody loves watching kids really rock out and enjoy themselves.

As for a more serious kind of approach (art, rather than entertainment), I'd recommend try to get them used to channeling moods - and also to play the music they love.
Quote by amazing FretMan
so basically is the question how you and the audience build a relationship?

help me understand a bit and then i can respond

yes i believe so .

freepower lots of words of wisdom in your post , kids rocking out most definately = cool !
and getting people to play the music they love too.
and i guess i would add getting them to love the music they make ...?
Quote by Freepower
Bring students out of their shells. I have one kid who can sing, and won't sing. Solution? Just sing louder and worse. A bit of levity makes it so much easier for younger people to act out their inner rock god, and I think everybody loves watching kids really rock out and enjoy themselves.

dude, i'm 28 and i do this all the time. i take the jack black "ridiculous rock god" approach to it
Quote by Freepower

As for a more serious kind of approach (art, rather than entertainment), I'd recommend try to get them used to channeling moods - and also to play the music they love.

mix this with the previous suggestion for excellent results.