So about a year ago I changed schools and didn't know anyone there but i made alot of friends through jamming and stuff, so i have alot of friends but all we ever talk about is music. My social life consists of going to concerts, so I never get around to talking about anything else.

And I finally worked up the courage to ask this girl out that I liked, but we went out today and I couldn't think of absolutely anything to say because she doesn't really have a big interest in music like me.

So what should I talk about with people besides music?? i seriously need help.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
The forums went down and I was upset...

On topic... You need to find the right people... I found that out the other day.

The right people is what you need to look for... not the right topics.

EDIT: I just read your actual post lmao sorry.

I had the exact same problem... it just gets easier over time. There isn't any actual help I can give, other then the advice to work it out yourself.

I know that doesn't help. lmao but yeah.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
make her tell you stuff so you look like a good listener, and compliment her

if that doesnt work

chloroform makes convosation easier

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Did you steal that from my sig, in some twisted way?

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Yea. Music is a good way to make friends, but personally if all I talked about with you was music, well I wouldn't really have much fun talking to you.

And honestly, just talk about anything and everything. Whatever's on your mind. Frankly I don't think any advice on what to talk about is going to help, it's just going to sound really forced.

Oh, find a common interest maybe? That definitely helps loads.
And don't think too much about it.
I think he's more or less looking for topics to talk about with people, not how to talk.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Yeah but I don't wanna give away my "sure fire" topics.

Quote by Våd Hamster

movies,animals,food,funny stuff
i dont know :/
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

why the hell are you talking to her?? what kind of queer talks to the woman he likes!! rarrrrgh *runs off to chop wood and use heavy machinery*
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Hang out with a couple of friends of her, that way you can talk about her friends, which will lead to more stuff to talk about, which leads to even more interesting stuff to talk about, which leads to secks?
Quote by Toast1337
movies,animals,food,funny stuff
i dont know :/

THIS!

Just kidding, I'm not someone who says "THIS!" to make myself look smart.

I'm more of the person to say shit like "+1 Toast you legend" cause at least I might get sigged.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Conversational skills are over rated. Bill the Cat gets by just fine with Ack pftttt Sprrrtt.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Talk about her, no girl comes home fed up of talking about herself on a date.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by thanksgiving
THIS!

Just kidding, I'm not someone who says "THIS!" to make myself look smart.

I'm more of the person to say shit like "+1 Toast you legend" cause at least I might get sigged.

you might get
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

let them lead the conversation. ask what they like or whatever... i don't really know. I'm not good at talking to people unless I've known them for a while or if they're just one of those cool people that are easy to get along with..... or if they're into music.
Quote by Jackal58
Conversational skills are over rated. Bill the Cat gets by just fine with Ack pftttt Sprrrtt.

Jackal knows what he's talking about!

The only things you need are rohypnol, chloroform and cover yourself entirely in plastic so that you can't leave any traces!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Alcohol is known for it's ability to loosen the tongue.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by CrackAddict2000
Alcohol is known for it's ability to loosen the tongue.

It's also known for it's ability to mess things up. Substantially.
Quote by Vornik
Say 'what you been up to ever the weekend/holidays/last week/whatever'
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Well this is a girl you like right, so surely you know what she enjoys? Either get her to tell you about it or read up a tiny bit on whatever she enjoys and you can talk a bit about it with her. Otherwise theres always stuff like current events, school, work, and loads of other random things to talk about.
Just keep it light.

Try and shift the focus onto them, then you can listen out for some topics to talk about.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by dann_blood
It's also known for it's ability to mess things up. Substantially.

Yeah but if both participants of the conversation use it there's nothing to worry about :P
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
I find that saying whatever pops into my head is usually enough for women. I don't want anything to do with women who aren't interested in aliens and Tim McVeigh anyway.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by el-ECTRO
Say 'what you been up to ever the weekend/holidays/last week/whatever'

No no no no no. Those are really quick conversations that lead nowhere unless you've got the talking habits of a 40 year old housewife. Most people just answer "eh, not much".

You need to talk about topics that can lead on to other topics - kids you know, some crazy things youve seen people do at parties, etc. Unless the other person is a complete tard, theyre going to respond with "oh I was in a similar situation with whatever subject you're talking about". Hell, make shit up if you have to, atleast make it funny and make the other person laugh.

Quote by CrackAddict2000
Yeah but if both participants of the conversation use it there's nothing to worry about :P

Until one of them gets so hammered that they have to take a break and sit down in a quiet corner, more often than not it's the pissing corner. Happened to me last week, girl got too hammered and sat where every drunk guy had taken a piss
Quote by Vornik
^Should of asked her if she was into water sports.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Shouldve, but the look of horror that came across her face when I told her that was the pissing corner totally made up for it
Quote by Vornik