I'm going to replace the shitty EMG Hzs in my Jackson and I'm thinking of going with a Dimarzio Paf Pro in the neck and a Tone Zone in the bridge. I play metal and shred stuff, I'm mainly looking for a reasonably tight sound but with a more organic feel than actives, cleans aren't really important as long as they are usable.

Is this a good idea? I've never had a chance to try them personally but based on what I've heard about them they would be what I'm looking for.

Any other suggestions that might fit the bill better?
dude get Seymour Duncans like Slash has. I put them in my guitar and they sound so perfect!
Dakoderz R & F x N' x R !
You'll need F-spaced for the bridge standard for the neck I believe.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
you would need f-spaced. what's your amp? and how do you like your tone to be changed?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
you would need f-spaced. what's your amp? and how do you like your tone to be changed?

Everythings in the sig man.

I'm changing them for various reasons the main being the EMG afterburner that came installed, the signal from the pickups has to travel through it to produce any sound, trouble is it only sounds good if I put a fresh 9V in which even then only sounds how I want it too for a day at max before the battery goes down and it sounds different again.

That and Hzs are crap anyway, its something I've been meaning to do for ages but I had to change out my amp first.
Tone Zone? look into the D-Sonic for the bridge.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by 666_Pounder
I'm going to replace the shitty EMG Hzs in my Jackson and I'm thinking of going with a Dimarzio Paf Pro in the neck and a Tone Zone in the bridge. I play metal and shred stuff, I'm mainly looking for a reasonably tight sound but with a more organic feel than actives, cleans aren't really important as long as they are usable.

Is this a good idea? I've never had a chance to try them personally but based on what I've heard about them they would be what I'm looking for.

Any other suggestions that might fit the bill better?

The tone zone is great for shred, perhaps not so great for metal though - look at the Breeds as an alternative.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com