Fix this? My bass is buzzing at the first 3 frets. On the A-string when I play at the 2nd fret the 3rd fret sounds.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by szekelymihai
raise the action a bit?

I'm a noob at bass. How would I do that?

And to the guy that said don't pick so hard... I'm using my fingers. Even then, if I was fretting the 2nd fret the 3rd fret wouldn't sound.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by Psychedelico
I'm a noob at bass. How would I do that?

Well the internet would be a better source than I am, cause ive never done that.i think its a bit of the intonation problem or the trust rod inside your neck.BUT WHETHER YOU DO if you do it bad than you have a problem.better ask someone who could actually help you.Good luck!
Go up to the FAQ and read the section on Bass Maintenance. However, since you are new at bass I strongly recommend you take it to a shop and ask them to do a basic setup. A good shop will show you how this is done, so you can eventually learn to do this yourself.

The cost can range a bit but its better than screwing up your bass guitar to the point where you need major repairs or a new neck. The shop I frequent will charge anywhere from free to 10 USD (depending if I bought the strings there), but it can range up to 50 USD in some places.
Thanks.

EDIT: I've decided to do this myself, because I've done stuff with guitars before, so this shouldn't be too hard. I need to adjust the truss rod, but it needs a huge allen key that I don't have. What else could I use in its place?

EDIT: Actually scratch that the neck seems to already be warped a bit. So I'll just get it repaired by one of the guitar stores nearby.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Last edited by Psychedelico at Oct 1, 2008,