im want to get one of those kill switchs (push to break switch) for my guitar so i can get my buckethead on Haha

just wondering

Clicky

is that the right one?
Im quite proud of that LOL

Quote by Unreal445
i found it funny that the pit reported it faster than sky news

Beneath The Fallen
yeah that will probably work, you just have to make sure you install it right!!! and then put a red sticker on it so you can be like buckethead!!!!
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
ohh didnt see that!!! good catch!!
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
nope, not that one, either. (to dubes)

It says 'push to make', which means that the signal will only go through when the button is pressed down. You need one that says 'push to break', as in 'you press the button, you break the circuit'.

like this one:
http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/Switches/Push-Button-Switches/Low-profile-push-switches/30295
(it has the option to buy a make switch, OR a break switch)

edit: maybe I'm wrong on the make and break thing... I've never heard that term used before, only 'normally open', or 'normally closed'...
I think I'm right, though.

correct me if I'm wrong

edit2: ok, cool. I thought that you meant you know 100% for sure that the one you posted will work, so I questioned what I said. nevermind, then. The one I posted should be fine. (although the 'push to break' version only comes in black, if you care..)

edit3: once again SYK's knowledge pwns me.
Last edited by james4 at Oct 1, 2008,
you know what this is so confusing.... just go steal bucketheads guitar
flintazra wrote:

Quote by james4
nope, not that one, either. (to dubes)

It says 'push to make', which means that the signal will only go through when the button is pressed down. You need one that says 'push to break', as in 'you press the button, you break the circuit'.

like this one:
http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/Switches/Push-Button-Switches/Low-profile-push-switches/30295
(it has the option to buy a make switch, OR a break switch)

edit: maybe I'm wrong on the make and break thing... I've never heard that term used before, only 'normally open', or 'normally closed'...
I think I'm right, though.

correct me if I'm wrong

edit2: ok, cool. I thought that you meant you know 100% for sure that the one you posted will work, so I questioned what I said. nevermind, then. The one I posted should be fine. (although the 'push to break' version only comes in black, if you care..)
A push to make is actually the preferred way to do a killswitch that kills the signal when pressed.

you connect it so the signal gets shorted to ground when you press the button. this results in less hum and noise than an open circuit.

go to the ULTIMATE killswitch thread instead of making new threads for killswitches.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by lefthandman9876
guitar is yummy sells them in the uk

cheap too

Damn, you just beat me to that. He sells them for like £1.50 posted or something.
hey thanks for replys n yeh black is better cus it will go wit my hardware Haha
Im quite proud of that LOL

Quote by Unreal445
i found it funny that the pit reported it faster than sky news

Beneath The Fallen