i'm struggling to find any sites showing them. GAK doesnt have them on their site.

whats the best one i could get for up to £300. i play rock/metal(core)/punk and clean stuff as well.

edit: ive seen these 3 whats the difference between them

http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_diamond_scorpion_deluxe_blk.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_devil_deluxe_blk.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_diamond_devil_tribal_deluxe.htm
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Last edited by WARLOCK123 at Oct 1, 2008,
im also interested

sound control sold them, but they went bankrupt *facepalm*

anywhere in north england where you can try before you buy i.e a music shop stocking schecters
/thread hijack
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by tdrules
im also interested

anywhere in north england where you can try before you buy i.e a music shop stocking schecters
/thread hijack

when sound control shut down i got a shecter c-1 exotic star for about half price lol (450 down to 250 ) doesnt reverb sell any (they took over sound control or somthin i dunno lol)
Reverb aren't stocking Schecter any more. Or PRS. Gah.

I own a Schecter Demon-FR and it is wonderful. For the price it's fantastic. I got it for £299. They seem to be kinda hard to find now, but if you can find one, I'd recommend giving it a try.

Again, I got it from Sound Control, but it was a while before they shut down.
Quote by plucky duck
arnt scandinavians all albino or am i mistaken? apologies if i am

Quote by cocodrilo83
logic is not always right
only problem is that reverb dont have any shops near me at all
sound control near me was taken over by pmt, who suck balls
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
you could ask in every guitar shop near you if they could order you one... though it could be a tad more expensive if you did that...
Quote by Cathrag
Reverb aren't stocking Schecter any more. Or PRS. Gah.

I own a Schecter Demon-FR and it is wonderful. For the price it's fantastic. I got it for £299. They seem to be kinda hard to find now, but if you can find one, I'd recommend giving it a try.

Again, I got it from Sound Control, but it was a while before they shut down.

would that be like this one http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_demon_6_sbk.htm

Quote by _bacon_

you can probably get them somewhere, but schecter are pretty expensive for what you get here in the UK, imo. you get a higher spec with washburn x50pro for a lower price...regardless of whether synester gates uses them or not. sorry to sound like a broken record, but then you have made about 4 threads in the past day...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For what i paid for my schecter from sound control there is no competition for the spec. Sound control were the only authorized dealer but i imagine there will be a new dealer soon now they are gone.
Quote by JaGi
For what i paid for my schecter from sound control there is no competition for the spec. Sound control were the only authorized dealer but i imagine there will be a new dealer soon now they are gone.

thats my main problem. i cant find a dealer near me.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by JaGi

ok, i'll bite. how much did you pay and what's the model?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sound Control has been took over and is now Reverb Store, so check the site (reverb-store.co.uk) and see if they stock them.
Quote by AdamDK
Sound Control has been took over and is now Reverb Store, so check the site (reverb-store.co.uk) and see if they stock them.

Thank God PMT didn't take them over...
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Dave_Mc
ok, i'll bite. how much did you pay and what's the model?

Schecter PT Blackjack, its no longer in production though.

Construction: Set Neck w/ Ultra Access
Body: Mahogany
Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Frets: 24 Jumbo
Scale: 24 3/4 in.
Inlays: Black Pearl Dots
Bridge: TonePros w/ Thru Body
Binding: Multi-Ply Creme
Tuners: Grover
Hardware: Black Chrome
Pickups: Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4) and '59 (SH-1N)
Electronics: Vol / Tone / Pickup Selector / Coil Tap

Brand new i paid £399
Washburn X50Pro

Mahogany Body
Quilted maple carved top
String thru body
Tune-o-matic bridge
Set neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Nut width: 43mm:
Seymour Duncan® '59 reissue neck pickup
Seymour Duncan® Custom Custom bridge pickup
3-way toggle switch
Exclusive Grover® 18:1 gear ratio tuners
Gloss finish
Buzz Feiten Tuning System™

those are the specs off the washburn site, afaik it has a coil split too, and the neck is mahogany.

£300 new on GAK, currently. and if you can still find them (they're discontinued) you can sometimes find NOS WI65pros (similar spec except a single-cut and without the maple top) for around £220-£250...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
is the washburn good enough for gigging

Quote by _bacon_

don't see why not, it's as good as anything else at the price anyway (and anything at quite a bit more)... EDIT: i know you're wary because of the price; don't get me wrong, it's not as nice a guitar as a tyler or a huber, but those things are £2-£3000. It's one of the few guitars over here which we get a decent deal on, which is why i plug it so much, basically... it's an anomaly for want of a better word. if you look up prices of guitars on e.g. musiciansfriend (a US chain), you'll see how much cheaper they get most guitar gear than we do...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i haven't tried those... based on the cheaper ibanezes i have tried, i'd suspect the washburn to be superior (better pickups for a start), but as i haven't tried any of that style of ibanez, i could be way off. certainly the rgs and s/sa series ibanezes i have tried at around the price of the x50pro wouldn't hold a candle to the washburn...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
don't see why not, it's as good as anything else at the price anyway (and anything at quite a bit more)... EDIT: i know you're wary because of the price; don't get me wrong, it's not as nice a guitar as a tyler or a huber, but those things are £2-£3000. It's one of the few guitars over here which we get a decent deal on, which is why i plug it so much, basically... it's an anomaly for want of a better word. if you look up prices of guitars on e.g. musiciansfriend (a US chain), you'll see how much cheaper they get most guitar gear than we do...

i know, there are soo many guitars that i would be able to afford if i were in america but cant because we get a shit deal over here. for example synyster gates standard is around $1000 if i converted that into UK pounds it would come out as around £500. but is it that price in the UK? no it isn't.

i think the reasoning behind it is the fact that certain guitars that sell well in america dont always sell well here, so they would have no need to stock as many. and if they have limited stock then they cant afford to make them cheaper.

Quote by _bacon_

^ No, it's not because they sell better in America. It's because of the cost of import taxes, customs and shipping internationally. That's why they cost more here. For example Americans pay more than us Brit's for Marshall's because Marshall has to ship them over to America and pay taxes, whereas in the UK they don't.
actually the bigger market in america probably does help with the price (economies of scale etc.), but you're right about those other considerations too... at the end of the day, here in the UK you end up paying over the odds for *most* guitar gear, so the odd thing which is decent value, before long you learn to grab with both hands...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
actually the bigger market in america probably does help with the price (economies of scale etc.), but you're right about those other considerations too... at the end of the day, here in the UK you end up paying over the odds for *most* guitar gear, so the odd thing which is decent value, before long you learn to grab with both hands...

The economies of scale make very little difference in this case actually, once you take a guitar from America, pay for shipping and tax and all that stuff it ends up being basically the same price as one over here, possibly a little more in some cases.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by tdrules
im also interested

/thread hijack

They still do.
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
The economies of scale make very little difference in this case actually, once you take a guitar from America, pay for shipping and tax and all that stuff it ends up being basically the same price as one over here, possibly a little more in some cases.

oh, i meant stuff in america was often cheaper because they have a bigger market and therefore don't have to make as much profit on each item... unless i've misunderstood what you mean?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh, i meant stuff in america was often cheaper because they have a bigger market and therefore don't have to make as much profit on each item... unless i've misunderstood what you mean?

I think you have misunderstood me; I understand that, logically speaking, it should make a difference but once you take the price of a guitar from America, add shipping and tax the price is more-or-less the same as if you'd bought it in this country anyway. It also means that any benefit that Agiles might confer by being stupidly cheap is destroyed by tax and shipping...

So I agree; it should make a difference that there's a larger market over there but in practice it just doesn't.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
ah, i've got you now, you're saying there's little point in importing from america because those extra charges often even things up. I agree (for most things), i just meant if you actually lived in america, you could get stuff a lot cheaper...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah, i've got you now, you're saying there's little point in importing from america because those extra charges often even things up. I agree (for most things), i just meant if you actually lived in america, you could get stuff a lot cheaper...

Oh yeah, that's a given but I was just saying that it's the tax and shipping that makes it so, not the scale thing.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
i dunno. i mean, add on tax and shipping onto a mesa or soldano, and it's still a lot cheaper in the US... the tax and shipping plays a part, certainly, but it's not the only thing.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i dunno. i mean, add on tax and shipping onto a mesa or soldano, and it's still a lot cheaper in the US... the tax and shipping plays a part, certainly, but it's not the only thing.

Maybe it's different with amps, I'm not sure, I've only ever looked into guitars but I know that in all the cases I've looked at what I said was definitely true.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
that's possible, i've normally been looking at amps...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's possible, i've normally been looking at amps...

Between us we might just make one good shopper then

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by alexandertjc
anyone want to buy a shecter exotic star C-1??

Stop necrobumping threads. Nobody wants your shitty guitar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.