Hey Guys,

Looking for an effects pedal to make my electric sound like a steel guitar. As shown on these songs: (they are using an actual steel bench guitar)

Dierks Bentley - Trying To Stop Your Leaving
Dierks Bentley - Settle for a Slowdown
Eli Young Band - So Close Now

I'm curious do they make something like this? I play acoustic guitar mainly... I haven't played electric in years but if I can get a sound out of my guitar like the steel guitar I may consider rocking that out...

Thanks!

Mike
there is the boss ac-3, but it's pretty much junk...and useless.
but there is the peizo system, look it up
thanks for the quick response man... the ac-3 just makes your electric imatate an acoustic guitar...

I'm looking for something to get a steel bench guitar sound (bending pitch, almost like a wah pedal)

~mike
The piezo system ghold mentioned might help, but just using a slide properly could produce somewhat similar results (please keep in mind that i don't know what the steel guitars on those particular songs sound like)
Member 3 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by thatracer
bending pitch, almost like a wah pedal

mayb you could use an acustic sim pedal and a wah wah together then... but i dunno might not work
Quote by ronoh55
The piezo system ghold mentioned might help, but just using a slide properly could produce somewhat similar results (please keep in mind that i don't know what the steel guitars on those particular songs sound like)

check um out on youtube
A wah does NOTHING to the pitch. So no wah. I think you're best off just using a steel guitar (you mean lap steel, right?). A slide might work too.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
why use pedals when you could just play your guitar with a slide?
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
You could play lap style or in regular position.
Get a glass slide and you're pretty much set.
It's great playing slide with a fuzz and a wah, Robert Randolph does it on pedal steel.

But if you really want that sound you need to get a pedal steel.
Quote by Blompcube
why use pedals when you could just play your guitar with a slide?

never used a slide before... i'll have to give it a shot... i'm a self taught guy... i'll have to self teach myself slide...