Ok, need a new amp.

Willing to get a combo or stack but it needs to good for Metal.

My band plays heavy metal/hardcore. So i need a great metal tone. Effects aren't needed but the more the merrier. I want a nice bright clean, but a brutal heavy as well

My budget is £2000. I have a Mesa Boogie dual rectifier solo head atm, but i'm going to trade it in.

So basically:

Budget: £2000
Requirements: Really heavy tone, good clean, Combo or Stack.

*If you reccomend a head, try to keep it cheaper so i can get a cab as well. =]
Sweet.
Last edited by BC_Warlock at Oct 1, 2008,
^ +1
Set up:-
Kustom Sound 40W Guitar Amp
Marshall MG15 CD
Zoom 707 II (surprisingly good..)
VOX Tonelab ST
Jackson DK2M (Seymour duncan TB4 and the SD jazz)
If I was gonna spend £2,000 on an amp (some ppl have far too much money) I'd probably be getting professional advise and I don't mean some bloke in a guitar shop. Maybe even get it professionally built to my spec. Go see some top amp builders.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
I dont want anything custom made as i'm doing a direct trade at my music store.

IF you recomend a head then maybe something cheaper so i can get a cab along side with it.
Sweet.
jeez, you have a load of options...

how flexible is that £2000? i realise that's a hefty budget, but if you increase it by a couple of hundred there'd be nothing outside your budget, more or less. you could buy solely based on what you like best.

if not though, there are still a heck of a lot of options, just diezel, bogner, engl se would be out.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Last edited by theoreticmusic at Oct 1, 2008,
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Deizel VH4S.

/thread.

i've tried it and it's awesome, but it's far from the only option. it's also over budget unless his budget is flexible.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Look into VHTs also, with that budget you're looking at the high-end Pitbulls as well as the Sig:X and Deliverance heads.
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
Quote by Highwaytohell
Go try everything that theoreticmusic just suggested.
And also try conford.

+1, but be aware that they aren't as brutal as the others.

Don't judge me.
yeah, cornfords are awesome, but they aren't really aimed at modern metal. would probably do it without too much persuasion, but it's not really their forte, and considering the excellent budget, it's possible to get amps for which modern metal IS their forte...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, cornfords are awesome, but they aren't really aimed at modern metal. would probably do it without too much persuasion, but it's not really their forte, and considering the excellent budget, it's possible to get amps for which modern metal IS their forte...

exacalacaly.

Don't judge me.
Quote by sesstreets
Nobody mentioned a JVM 100 watt head... why is that?

because there are better things in that budget for modern metal.

Don't judge me.

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by theoreticmusic
exacalacaly.

Quote by theoreticmusic
because there are better things in that budget for modern metal.

agreed. the jvm is actually surprisingly nice considering it's a modern marshall, but considering the budget is twice what would buy a jvm, there are better options IMO. apart from anything, i preferred the mid-gain tones on the jvm to the br00talz ones...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by theoreticmusic

Yeah they seem nice and all, but they're all heads. f i get them, then i would have no money to get a cab, thus making the head useless.

Also don't forget i am doing a trade at my store. Its not the biggest of placees and doesn't have like any of them brands that they sell (Except maybe bogner?).

I know they have an account with Marshall, Laney, Mesa, Peavey, Fender and Line 6. Not sure about much else. But if there are any good items from them brands then that would be swift.
Sweet.
I'd sell the Boogie instead of trading it... you'll get a much better deal.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by jimbob78
I'd sell the Boogie instead of trading it... you'll get a much better deal.

Nope, not a sniff.

In the Uk Mesa's are very over priced. I got a Mesa Dual Rec Solo head for £2000, me being foolish and not even knowing that is was over priced.

So i can trade it in fr something for the same price

Looking into ENGL at the moment. The powerball seems good. I could probably get that and a cab along side.
Sweet.
Are we talking heavy metal like Electric Wizard or Gojira?

Because if it's the former then a Matamp 1224.
just bear in mind that the powerball isn't the only nice engl- it's the highest gain, but the savage etc. would be bound to be worth a look too. i haven't tried the savage, but i'd take my savage se over a powerball, no question. does depend on what you play of course.

the other thing is, would your local shop perhaps sell your mesa for you on commission? i know that's how i got my avt sold, the shop took 10% of the sale price. you'd have to wait for the money (and you might not get as good a commission percentage, i've heard that some of the shops in england take 20%, which is not so great), but it'd mean you could buy what you want.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
soldano slo-100?
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
You should get an Elmwood!
It you buy an used elmwood head+cab is about 20 000-25 000 SEK ~£2000. But I don't know how much it would be in Britain.