Has anyone here bought or played a Harley Thoman? I'd go an try one in a shop but theyre mail order only. I'm looking for a backup/messing about bass an I've noticed theyre really cheap yet come with brilliant features like active EQs.
So, your opinions if any?
I wouldn't buy it. They're a no name brand, and are built really shoddily, hence the low price tag.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I have. My friend made the mistake of buying one, the low price did it for her. It had a really muddy sound, the EQ didn't do much at all, and it was falling apart (she'd had it for 3 months). Your better off saving up a little more and go for an Ashdown. I whole heartedly recommend the MAG300.
Quote by skater dan0
Ah. Sorry, my bad. I've never played any of the basses before, but if you ever wonder about buying one of their amps, there's your warning.
Quote by skater dan0
Apparently they're really good for the price, but this is only through what I've heard.

I was considering buying the six string but for a bit more you can get a good brand.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
^^^ Thats the one I'm planning to get, I've looked for cheap six strings from more 'respectable' brands but the cheapest I can find is £350, a peavey grind bass I think.
I own the 6 string you're probably going to buy...

Eh.

It's not that great. The electronics are noisy, so you'd probably want to change them. It's completely finished, and gets very sticky.

I would go for the Grind myself to be honest.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Anyone have any experience with the ESP LTD B206SM?

You can get that for £370.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Nutter_101
I own the 6 string you're probably going to buy...

Eh.

It's not that great. The electronics are noisy, so you'd probably want to change them. It's completely finished, and gets very sticky.

I would go for the Grind myself to be honest.

Interesting, as I said itll be used as a backuop ad pissing about bass so I'm not too fussed about workmanship so long as its not going to fall apart. Would you be able to do something for me? Cut the treble and boost the mids and see if the noise goes away (this is my 'standard tone').