Hey guys, so I have an interview for GAME tomorrow, my first ever. And whilst I'm feeling confident enough, I'm still unsure about a couple of things.

What should I wear? Was thinking shirt and tie might be a bit formal so I was leaning towards school uniform which would make sense since it's not long after school and that's pretty tidy looking.

Also can any other interviewees/GAME employees/managers tell me what questions I'm like to get?

Bear in mind I'm only 16.

Thanks for your help guys
My brother worked in game for while. Honestly, I'd go for smart/casual. Suit is way too formal, school uniform looks a bit like you can't be bothered to get changed and don't consider the interview important...

Maybe school trousers/shirt but wear a jumper on top? So long as it's plainish or striped or something.

Quote by ferretmanmulti
damn, i lost the game

It's quite common for you to be asked to do a 5 minutes sales pitch of one of the 3 consoles, to a person they'll define at the interview.

IE: Sell a console to a 60 year old woman.

Obviously, you go for Wii and sell it to hell.
Wear what you'd wear for any interview. Trousers, shirt, and tie. What makes you think it would be any different just because it sells games?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
wear a tie, shirt, smart trousers etc.

as rabidguitarist said, treat it like any other interview
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I'd wear school uniform. Since different schools finish at different times and stuff it'd be easy to say you came there straight from school. Just bring your school bag. I've had 2 jobs and to both interviews I just wore uniform.
Quote by spunky_chooken
I'd wear school uniform. Since different schools finish at different times and stuff it'd be easy to say you came there straight from school. Just bring your school bag. I've had 2 jobs and to both interviews I just wore uniform.

that really isnt the attitude to take.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Go dressed in battle gear, wielding a sword and impale all whom stand in your path.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever." 1984.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Wear what you'd wear for any interview. Trousers, shirt, and tie. What makes you think it would be any different just because it sells games?

Yeah its better to end up more formal than required rather too informal. It shows you care.
When I went for an interview at my local GAME, the manager just asked me a few questions regarding what was on my CV. He didn't ask my to do a sales pitch though and I didn't get the job.

My friend went for same job, and the manager asked him what he could contribute to the team and he said 'I'm tall, so I can reach the top shelf'. He didn't get the job either.
TRANSFORMICE

as someone said before me it's much better to appear too smart rather than too casual. and also i agree that just showing up in school uniform makes you look like you can't really be arsed.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by spunky_chooken

Were you applying to be a weed dealer?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist

I've never had an interview of any kind so I don't have clothes I'd "wear for any interview".

I just thought because GAME employees don't wear a shirt & tie and that it's generally a pretty chilled out place, then going formal might be a bit too much.

Also bear in mind I'm 16, I'll be working mostly with stock, out of sight.

I'll have a think about it, though I don't have a shirt or tie other than school ones.

EDIT: I'm not an idiot, if this was a full-time job or something then I'd wear shirt and tie (even buy them for the interview)
Quote by yellowlizard
I've never had an interview of any kind so I don't have clothes I'd "wear for any interview".

I just thought because GAME employees don't wear a shirt & tie and that it's generally a pretty chilled out place, then going formal might be a bit too much.

Also bear in mind I'm 16, I'll be working mostly with stock, out of sight.

I'll have a think about it, though I don't have a shirt or tie other than school ones.

EDIT: I'm not an idiot, if this was a full-time job or something then I'd wear shirt and tie (even buy them for the interview)

i see where your coming from, but still, whatever the job, wear tie, shirt, and trouser.

if you have to go in school uniform, tuck your shirt in, make sure your shoes are shiny, buy a tie, you shouldnt need a blazer. brush your hair, and make sure your clean shaven
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
i see where your coming from, but still, whatever the job, wear tie, shirt, and trouser.

if you have to go in school uniform, tuck your shirt in, make sure your shoes are shiny, buy a tie, you shouldnt need a blazer. brush your hair, and make sure your clean shaven

Sounds like a plan, cheers dude.

School uniform for me is white shirt and black trousers with the school's tie, but I guess I could get a cheap one somewhere

Goes without saying that my shirt will be tucked in & shoes shined.

& unfortunately I lack the ability to grow much facial hair so that's not an issue

Thanks for the advice.
its ok dude. and seriously, get a cheapy tie, and practice questions that they may ask you.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
I would..

- Go as smart as you possibly can. The smarter, the better.

- Be as polite as possible.

Or..

I would scream "PC GAMERS ARE TEH BESTEST!!11111" whilst throwing copies of PC Zone from the late 90s through the windows and giving everyone free demo discs.