Page 1 of 6
Yes, I searched.
Yes, I found Necrolust's thread on bands you've seen before.
HOWEVER;
Apart from being dead for about a year, (and I hate reviving threads like that) this thread is for all of it. Band's you've seen AND band's you're going to see (ie: Have tickets, or will be buying tickets for). It's just an all encompassing thread. And it will also allow the bragging rights to transfer around

Side note: Necrolust - Holy fuck at you seeing Death before the breakup.

Anyway, feel free to include non-metal bands, just as long as you've seen at least a few metal bands aswel and feel free to include local bands you've seen. So, let the bragging begin!

My list of seen:Accreation, Among The Vanished, Alter Bridge, Antagonist, Apex Null, Arch Enemy (Twice), As I Lay Dying, Before The Throne, Behind Crimson Eyes, Beijing Tank, Bleeding Through, Bring Me The Horizon (Twice), Break Even, Caliban, Children of Bodom, Cross The Lips of Grace, Dawn of Azazel, DevilDriver, Disturbed, Divine Heresy, Dream Theater, Dyscord, Gallows For Grace, God Forbid, Have Heart, Horizons of Chaos, I Killed The Prom Queen, Iron Maiden, Job For A Cowboy, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Killrazer, Killswitch Engage, Lacuna Coil, Lauren Harris, LORD, Machine Head, Mastodon, Megadeth (Twice), Minus Life (Twice), Palm, Parkway Drive, Pathogen, Picture The End, P.O.D., Psycroptic, Rishathra (Twice), Ruins, Shadows Fall, Signal The Firing Squad, Slayer, Soulfly, State of Integrity, Static-X, Steve Vai, Synperium, Terrorust, The Amity Affliction, The Fall of Troy, The Ghost Inside, The Matador, The Red Shore (Twice), Trivium, Thy Art is Murder, Weird Al Yankovic, Western Decay (Twice).

My list of bands I'm seeing:
Rex Banner, A Secret Death, House Vs. Hurricane, The Amity Affliction, Sydonia, Machine Head, Slipknot, Universum, DragonForce, Confession, A Day To Remember, Suicide Silence, The Acacia Strain, Parkway Drive, In Flames, DevilDriver, Lacuna Coil, Alesana, Poison the Well, HORSE the band, Everytime I Die, In This Moment, Lamb of God, Unearth.
seen: children of bodom, megadeth, roger waters, eric clapton, job for a cowboy, in flames, whatever band had the first set at gigantour

seeing: all that remains, gojira, in flames (again), 36 crazy fists
i'll just give my best gigs i've been too: Cathedral/Electric Wizard/Grand Magus in Nottingham Rock City basement (holy shhhhhh it), Iron Maiden @ Twickenham, Meshuggah, Opeth

blates got tickets to see Don Ross & Andy McKee in November ahaha
"Their eyes, black in kingdoms of gold, like the rocks of this desert, where we wander in circles, tails up the ass of time..."
Seen:
Death Angel (twice), Forbidden, Municipal Waste, Obituary, Unleashed, Carnifex, Necrophagist, Arsis, Decapitated, Cephalic Carnage, Ion Dissonance, The Faceless, Dick Dale (non-metal)

Going to see: (hopefully but doubtful) Overkill, Warbringer, Toxic Holocaust; (hopefully with good possibilities) Faceless (again), Abigail Williams, Decrepit Birth, Veil of Maya, Neuraxis

I hate not being able to get time off work

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Seen:
Swallow The Sun, Moonsorrow, Annatar, Trail Of Tears, Nymphea Aurora, Bunkur, Esoteric, Forgotten Tomb, Porcupine Tree (Twice), Anathema, Opeth, Textures, Quantum Fantay, Pain Of Salvation, Finntroll, Heidevolk (Twice), Pure Reason Revolution, Graven Image (NL), Demians

Going to see:
Anathema, Demians, Porcupine Tree
------------------
Seen

Opeth, Dream Theater, Megadeth, In Flames, Meshuggah, Children of Bodom, Symphony X, Coheed & Cambria, Exodus, Evile, Arch Enemy, Devildriver, Three Inches of Blood, Alestorm, JFAC, Sonic Syndicate, Gojira, Trigger the Bloodshed, Anterior, Madina Lake, Circa Survive, Fightstar

Going to See

Opeth (again), Cynic, The Ocean, Alestorm (again), Kanye West , Dragonforce, Turisas, Slayer, Trivium, Amon Amarth, Mastodon, Biffy Clyro, Slipknot, Machine Head, Children of Bodom (again), Parkway Drive, Unearth, Architects, Protest the Hero, Carnifex, Whitechapel, Judas Priest, Megadeth (again), Testament, Apocalyptica, Paul Gilbert
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Im only 15 and where I live there are very few concerts. But i did see : Iron Maiden, Mastodon, Velvet Revolver, In Flames, Lauren Harris, Stone Sour, and Muse : D
nice thread idea, if you'd take 'bragging' out of the title, people could advertise tours and stuff, and even their own band's gigs.

Back on topic, I've never been to a real gig, quite a few local ones, but no 'real' gigs, my friend has a spare ticket to the slipknot, machine head and COB tour, so I might go to that, despite not being a big fan of any of those bands
That's why they should read the first post
And as long as it's not like "HEY GUYS, MY GIG IS TOTALLY HAPPENING, HERE, LOOK, DATES, TIMES, MONEY, COME ONNN" then I don't see a problem in mentioning as an off hand reference a gig you're playing at. We have a "gig thread" for specific details.
heres mine:
Slipknot
Children of Bodom
Megadeath
In Falmes
All That Remains
Every Time I Die
Dropkick Murphys (x2)
Flogging Molly
Killswitch Engage
As I Lay Dying
Mastodon
Machinehead
Disturbed
Dragonforce
The White Stripes
Job For a Cowboy
Hatebreed
The Devil Wears Prada
Bury Your Dead
Less Than Jake (x2)
Streetlight Manifesto
Shadows Fall
Emmure
Andrew WK
Rancid
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Reel Big Fish
Street Dogs (x3)

and too many more to count.....i spend most of my money on shows =P
Augustana
Goo Goo Dolls
Delta Spirit
Tokyo Police Club
Cold War Kids
AtOurFinest
The Status
Alesana
Bayside(x2)
The Higher(x2)
Sherwood
Motion City Soundtrack
Ruth
Surrogate
Emery
Cute is What We Aim For
BlessTheFall
Pepper
Killswitch Engage
Jonezetta
Chiodos
Circa Survive
Paramore(x2)
Coheed and Cambria(x2)
Sum 41
Poison The Well
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
All Left Out
The Spill Canvas
Relient K(x2)
Swithfoot
Dreamfast
After The Tragedy(x2)
Yellowcard
Kingsdown(x3)
Adam Hambrick
Cities and Thrones
Benjamin Del Shreve(x2)
The Twisted Gate
Progress in Color
Abandon Kansas
PM Today
The Sword
Liam and Me
Steel Train
Ludo(x2)
Spill Canvas
Novella
Anberlin
Jack's Mannequin
The Academy Is...
Against Me!
Gym Class Heroes
Say Anything
Story Of The Year
Pierce the Veil
Katy Perry
Family Force 5
Angels and Airwaves
Valencia
The Red Chord
Underoath
Sincerely September
AlertAllArms
Free Micah
Matt Jones
Charlotte Sometimes
Gavin De Graw

Not as much metal in there I know, but there's some I suppose. I spend entirely too much money on shows. This is why I'm poor.
Quote by 40oz2freeedom
just ask her to touch her toes naked....shell never expect whats next
Metal bands ive seen.

Arch enemy (3 times), Dark tranquilty, The haunted, Opeth (Twice), Raging speedhorn, Viking skull, Stampin ground, Devil driver, Strapping young lad, Story of the year, Sikth (Twice).

Not quite so metal bands ive seen.

Radiohead, Muse, Stereophonics (Twice), Newton faulkner (4 times), David grey, Alanis morrisette, The lost prophets, Underoath, CKY, Clutch, Taking back sunday, The verve, Amy winehouse, Kings of leon, Fozzy, Fony, One republic, Roots manuva.

And a bunch of more obscure bands whos names escape me for now.
Seen - Beneath the massacre (x2), See you next tuesday (when they had their 3 song demo out, it was a house show, very nice), Beheomth/Job for a cowboy/Gojira (BTM also played with them).

Going to see - Gwar w/Ensiferum and Toxic holocaust, Turisas w/Powerglove and Dragonforce *creasm*
First concert I went to was Metallica (Supported by Mastodon, Machine Head & HIM) at Wembley, and I have tickets for Opeth (Supported by MOTHERFUCKING CYNIC & The Ocean) at Shepherd's Bush Empire.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Iron Maiden at Twickenham stadium

/thread

Saw Nile on the Sunday before last.

Suffice to say, my rectum felt quite metaphorically intruded by the end of it.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Seen: None.

Going to see: Metallica.

I'm early in my life, so I'll be able to see many concerts hopefully.
I ate at Denny's with Amon Amarth a few years back.

I can still tell you what everyone ordered.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
I ate at Denny's with Amon Amarth a few years back.

I can still tell you what everyone ordered.

Go on then.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Each of them just got a variation of the Denny's Slam breakfast thing. Hegg got the lumberjack slam, rest of them got the Grand Slam or the Belgian waffle version. Every one of em.

They said they eat at Denny's a lot after shows on the West Coast. It was awesome seeing them live, deciding to eat at Dennys, and seeing them there.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Heaven and Hell (twice), Megadeth, Testament, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Cannibal Corpse, Goatwhore, The Red Chord, Black Dahlia Murder, Black Label Society, Priestess, and Black Stone Cherry. I plan on seeing Slayer this next time around. Had the chance to see them twice but was broke. and when CC tours their next album, I want to see them again, Nile, Necrophagist, Suffocation, and Decrepit Birth. Thats what im lookin forward too
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Seen: Opeth (twice), Behemoth, Gojira, Beneath The Massacre, JFAC(thrice), High on Fire(twice), COB, Megadeth, In Flames, BFMV (twice ) Bleeding Through ( )

Seeing: Moonsorrow, Belphegor, Ensiferum, Amon Amarth, Gojira, In Flames

pretty short list actually. And sadly, Nile are never coming to Canada...
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Seen: Amorphis (4 times), Apocalyptica (2 times), At The Gates, Children Of Bodom (3 times), Diablo, DragonForce, In Flames, Kiuas, Machine Head, Mastodon, Metallica, Motörhead, Nightwish (2 times), Opeth (2 times), Porcupine Tree, Sentenced, Slayer, Soilwork, Sonata Arctica (3 times), Stam1na (4 times), Tool, Trivium, Turisas (3 times).

Seeing: Slayer (2nd), Mastodon (2nd), Trivium (2nd), Amon Amarth, Swallow The Sun, Opeth (3rd, maybe).

3rd category: Seen but not of my own will: Bullet For My Valentine (twice, once with Metallica and once with Slayer), Lamd Of God.

And the 4th category: Must see before I die or my soul won't rest in peace: Primordial.

There might be something missing.
Seen: Opeth, Lamb of God, Mastadon, Children Of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Slayer, Bullet for my Valentine, The Who, Pantera, Manson, Static X, Ozzy, Hatebreed, Dream Theater, Three, Megadeth, Mindless self Indulgence, Hed PE, Tek-9.

Went to a hippie festivle and had probably one of the best times of my life, saw :
Allman Brothers Band
Gov't Mule
The Derek Trucks Band and Susan Tedeschi – Special Saturday Midnight Set
Oteil & the Peacemakers
Backyard Tire Fire
Bonobos Convergence
Devon Allman's Honeytribe
Keller Williams
Nickel Creek
Phonograph
Robert Randolph & The Family Band
Rose Hill Drive
Sister Hazel
Last edited by tangled at Oct 1, 2008,
2006:
Testament
Reel Big Fish
3 Doors Down
Megadeth

2007:
Iron Maiden
The Prodigy
Stone Sour
In Flames
Mastodon
Lauren Harris
Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation
Incubus
The Bravery
Prime Circle

2008:
Korn
Machine Head
Killswitch Engage
As I Lay Dying
Nervecell
Slapshock
Muse
Velvet Revolver
Marky Ramone
Juliana Down
Spoon Feedas

Going to see:
Opeth
Arch Enemy
Chimaira
and more...
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Been to a bunch of metal concerts over the past few years, not too many highlights except:
a. Mikael Stanne of Dark Tranquillity singing the chorus of "The New Build" right into my face while looking at me from less than a foot away.
b. Meeting most of Bodom and getting personalized autographs
c. Borgir/Behemoth was also pretty insane.

Going to COB/TBDM/BTBAM in about a week. In Flames in December. And probably Amon Amarth/Ensiferum/Belphegor in 2 weeks.
I saw Deep Purple AND IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

DEEP PURPLE IS TRUE METTLE!!!!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I might not be going, though.

And Slipknot are hardly a replacement for Nevermore.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
It's 10am. What are you, russian or something?
Seen: Avenged Sevenfold (blah), Protest the Hero, 3 Inches of Blood, Children of Bodom, Megadeth, Opeth, High on Fire (twice), Job for a Cowboy, In Flames.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Iron Maiden (twice), Motorhead (twice), Sepultura, In Flames, Discharge, Blitzkrieg, Ramesses, Obliteration, Warbastard, Cynic, Carcass, At The Gates, Warbringer, Ensiferum, Kreator, Children of Bodom, Opeth, Nifelheim, Obituary, Primordial, Mortal Sin.

Probably lots more i'm missing though.
Seen : None.
Want to see : Almost all.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
"Son, always carry a medical glove in your pocket in case you wind up in a bathroom that has no toilet paper, and you get constipated."
Dying Fetus, Necrophagist, Origin, Suffocation, Metallica, Veil of Maya, Beneath the Massacre, Decapitated, Black Dahlia Murder, Cannibal Corpse, Dimmu Borgir, Goat*****, 1349, The Abscence, unexpect, Type O Negative, Gwar, Ghengis Tron, Putrid Pile, Skinless, Cradle of Filth, and some others that I cant remember