basically my budget is £300 i play rock/metal(core)/ punk and clean stuff as well.

people have reccomended the Washburn X50 Pro.

but recently i've seen an Epiphone Les Paul Custom (white) i know its over my budget but if its better than my other options i might be able to save up more money to buy one.

ive seen these as well

http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_devil_deluxe_blk.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_diamond_scorpion_deluxe_blk.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_diamond_devil_tribal_deluxe.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_demon_6_sbk.htm

also i dont want a trem
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
personally, i'd prefer the washburn. if you can try one, of course, that'd be preferable.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well you can't go wrong with a epi les paul... the again you'll join the mass by buying a guitar that everybody and their grandma has...
Dude, if you're looking at schecters, try and play a devil custom. They are so much better than the ones you listed.
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
there's no equivalent priced Schecter that comes close to the specs of that Washburn, it's a better guitar then the Epiphone too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by shredfest116
Dude, if you're looking at schecters, try and play a devil custom. They are so much better than the ones you listed.

cant find that guitar on a uk site... link please

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by steven seagull
there's no equivalent priced Schecter that comes close to the specs of that Washburn, it's a better guitar then the Epiphone too.

that's what i'm talking about, i was hoping you'd turn up mark.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
my main problem is the fact that where i live its hard to get hold of the washburn, so how i'll manage to get the schecter i dont know

Quote by _bacon_

well, i mean if you have to buy either sight unseen, you might as well go with the washburn which is better...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My washburn x50 pro came this morning and i love it. I'm also kind of a metal player as well, comes with much better equipment than any schecter of similiar price range.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Gregoric
My washburn x50 pro came this morning and i love it. I'm also kind of a metal player as well, comes with much better equipment than any schecter of similiar price range.

better equipment?

Quote by _bacon_

oh yeah i get you. are the pickups etc on the washburn good or would i have to replace them.

and one thing i dont get is how the washburn is better than the Epi custom which costs about £140 more. i guess its cos of the name

Quote by _bacon_

i would replace them but for the money it costs for the guitar. i would already be stretched to buy it, but buy new pickups etc no way it would take me ages to save up

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by WARLOCK123
oh yeah i get you. are the pickups etc on the washburn good or would i have to replace them.

and one thing i dont get is how the washburn is better than the Epi custom which costs about £140 more. i guess its cos of the name

The Washburn has a set of Duncans and also has a compensated nut for better intonation.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ agreed. the duncans which come stock on that washburn wouldn't be my first choice for metal, but they'd still be an awful lot better than the ones on the epi (plus if you ever wanted to change them, you could sell them on and put that towards new pickups).

money doesn't always come into it with guitars, brand names etc. etc. make a big difference as well. don't get me wrong, a tyler at £3000 is going to be a nicer guitar than a squier at £100; but certainly you can get a good guitar at £300, and it's also perfectly possible to get a bad one at £500... around your price range you have to be very careful, you can get a great guitar if you know what you're doing, and are willing to compromise a little on the shape, colour etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?