I'm sure the title sounds like I'm leading up to a generic question that's answered in a sticky, but I'm just unsure how to phrase it.

Anyway, I've been playing guitar for a few years, but not "seriously", as in, making solid efforts to improve my playing skills. However, I'm playing a live show as part of a recital for the music store I take lessons at in a few months, and that, reading a good deal of stuff on here about practicing well, and built-up frustration with being unable to play my favorite Petrucci/Romeo/etc. licks has made me start practicing a good deal. I've started investing a good chunk of time into it, at least 2 hours per day, usually more, but it's often staggered; I'll practice for an hour or so, go off to do something else, practice for another 45 minutes or so, and then do another hour of inconsistent practice while watching TV or something.

Question is: Would sitting down and completely focusing on practice, instead of the not-fully-focused stuff I'm doing right now, give a significant increase in how much I improve from my practicing?
Do like 30 minute intense playing session rather than 2 hours half-arsed. For example, do 30 minutes of intense learning songs then go do something else for 30 minutes to an hour then come back to playing guitar for 30 minutes.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Quote by Squid Vicious
Question is: Would sitting down and completely focusing on practice, instead of the not-fully-focused stuff I'm doing right now, give a significant increase in how much I improve from my practicing?

Yes.

/thread.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Freepower
Well, do you play with better technique when you focus on playing with good technique at a slow tempo, or when you watch telly? Because your fingers will remember either.

Haha, good point.
Read my article 'To Practice, Or Not To Practice' in the contributions section. This deals with what you are talking about.
Andy