Page 1 of 2
So, I dunno aobut everyone else, but where I live, you have to go to school if you're under 18. Either go to school or be home schooled. I think this is bullshit. Let me tell you why:

My parents pay their taxes. Their taxes go to my schooling. Their taxes go to schooling in general. There are alot of kids who deliberately don't do their work, cause trouble, etc, etc, because they do not wish to be at school. But they have to be at school, because it's mandatory (ugh, sp?).
Because of their behaviour, I get distracted during class time. That is not fair for me. Also, because of their behaviour, the teacher spends the entire class time bickering with them, without assigning us work. (It's happened two days in a row now, same class).
I'm not against people paying their taxes, hell, I'm all f*cking for it. It's our responsibility as people to help other people, and one ogf the biggest ways we help peopel is by paying our taxes, which in turn go towards things that make our lives safer and better as a whole.
What I am against is putting these kids at school against their will. They don't want to be there, and I don't want them there.

So this is my idea, I've had it in my head for about a year now. In the simplest terms: Make schooling optional for people. HOWEVER, you can't get a job if you aren't either:

A) Currently in school
or B) Have graduated school.

Opinions? Other solutions? Things you wanna add to my idea?
If schooling was optional we'd have so many more dropouts and then those people make less money and pay less taxes. It's a vicious cycle.
Quote by pwrmax
If schooling was optional we'd have so many more dropouts and then those people make less money and pay less taxes. It's a vicious cycle.

I give incentives(f*ck I can't spell today, ironic, no?) to go to school.
Yeah seems like a cool idea. Now instead of clogging up our schools delinquents can now just be unemployed, roam the streets together and have adventures.
Holy shit man, we live in the same city! There's other schools in this city that have it much worse than yours. **cough**Century**cough**
i have to say, i dont regret leaving school at 16, i would rather be unemployed than have to suffer 2 more yrs of school
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by pwrmax
Holy shit man, we live in the same city! There's other schools in this city that have it much worse than yours. **cough**Century**cough**

And that's the f*cked up part. I go to HNH, it's in South Windsor. I can't even imagine what it'd be like to go to Brennan or f*cking Herman.
Quote by original=punk
And that's the f*cked up part. I go to HNH, it's in South Windsor. I can't even imagine what it'd be like to go to Brennan or f*cking Herman.

I live a 10 minute walk from your school.
Quote by pwrmax
I live a 10 minute walk from your school.

Not like you're going to school at all either.
"I'm a university professor! I make over $100,000 a year! I shouldn't have to take a pay cut!"
Quote by thedudemeister
i have to say, i dont regret leaving school at 16, i would rather be unemployed than have to suffer 2 more yrs of school

Rather obvious, that.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
The risk of that is that you then regress socially and create a two-tier system- the top tier of educated people and the bottom tier of those who aren't educated.

Two scenarios=

FIRST: The educated people force the uneducated into manual labour, often for little pay. For this bottom tier life would be hard and life quality would not be good. Crime and violence go up as a result and the risk of revolt is high.

SECOND:
The educated people fund the bottom tier. Bottom tier feel rejected and feelings of revolt beome rife. The top tier also feel great resentment at having to pay for these people. Fighting becomes likely. Civil war breaks out...
Quote by original=punk
Not like you're going to school at all either.
"I'm a university professor! I make over $100,000 a year! I shouldn't have to take a pay cut!"

It sucks when your school's on strike, especially when you pay $5000 a year to be there. I've been out of class for 15 days and counting.
It's not the kids (most of the time), it's the parents. You show me a disruptive kid, I'll show you a shitty parent. Now, I can see why you feel this way, but eventually those kids will get over themselves (most of them) and become productive members of society.

Also, the bickering thing, your teacher sucks. You kick the kid into the principals and move on, no need to argue.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
The risk of that is that you then regress socially and create a two-tier system- the top tier of educated people and the bottom tier of those who aren't educated.

Two scenarios=

FIRST: The educated people force the uneducated into manual labour, often for little pay. For this bottom tier life would be hard and life quality would not be good. Crime and violence go up as a result and the risk of revolt is high.

SECOND:
The educated people fund the bottom tier. Bottom tier feel rejected and feelings of revolt beome rife. The top tier also feel great resentment at having to pay for these people. Fighting becomes likely. Civil war breaks out...

Yeah I thought it would have some flaws. But is there any way for me to actually learn in school? I can't f*ckign concentrate with all these kids screwing around. And then I end up getting crappy marks, and somehow these kids pass and I barely do. I don't understand it. I feel so stupid.
Quote by pwrmax
It sucks when your school's on strike, especially when you pay $5000 a year to be there. I've been out of class for 15 days and counting.

I'm paying closer to $7000 for my education..the advantage of being in uni is that we have the right to demand our money back if we think we're not getting our proper education.
TS, are you stupid?

Let education be optional but only let those with education get jobs?

The reason that education is compulsary under 18 is that a lot of kids don't realise how important it is not because the government wants you to be distracted by people who don't want to learn.
Quote by Wulphy
It's not the kids (most of the time), it's the parents. You show me a disruptive kid, I'll show you a shitty parent. Now, I can see why you feel this way, but eventually those kids will get over themselves (most of them) and become productive members of society.

Also, the bickering thing, your teacher sucks. You kick the kid into the principals and move on, no need to argue.

Oh, they get sent to the office. Office gives them a detention, sends them back to class 15 mins later.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
TS, are you stupid?

The reason that education is compulsary under 18 is that a lot of kids don't realise how important it is not because the government wants you to be distracted by people who don't want to learn.

It's an incentive to stay in school. I told you, it's just a thought.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
TS, are you stupid?

You're making my eyes go like this:

ಠ_ಠ

Curse you again Batman!
Quote by Kensai

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
Quote by original=punk
Oh, they get sent to the office. Office gives them a detention, sends them back to class 15 mins later.

If your principal is a reasonable, friendly man (like mine, he lets me use the vending machine in his office ), talk to him about it. Worse comes to worse, tell the kids the shut the fuck up or you will beat them to a bloody pulp.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
What happens when you have a nation of lazy, uneducated adults?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
What happens when you have a nation of lazy, uneducated adults?

You get America.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
If your principal is a reasonable, friendly man (like mine, he lets me use the vending machine in his office ), talk to him about it. Worse comes to worse, tell the kids the shut the fuck up or you will beat them to a bloody pulp.

Principal doesn't deal with kids, that's the two vice principals' jobs. They aren't reasonable.
These kids always fight, they're strong. I'm a skinny f*ck with glasses.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'm paying closer to $7000 for my education..the advantage of being in uni is that we have the right to demand our money back if we think we're not getting our proper education.

We only get our money back if the semester's cancelled, at least that's how it is with my school. They might be able to take away some of Christmas break to make up for lost days but I doubt that's enough to cover 2 1/2 weeks of lost education.
Quote by original=punk
Principal doesn't deal with kids, that's the two vice principals' jobs. They aren't reasonable.
These kids always fight, they're strong. I'm a skinny f*ck with glasses.

I see your problem then. Perhaps you should consider changing schools if you feel you are not getting a proper education. It may seem really stupid at first, but it'll be worth it once you realize how much better off you'll be.

I had to switch schools due to the inadequecy of the teachers and other staff members, and I'm so glad I did.

If this isn't an option, talk to your teachers, maybe get a tutor.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by pwrmax
We only get our money back if the semester's cancelled, at least that's how it is with my school. They might be able to take away some of Christmas break to make up for lost days but I doubt that's enough to cover 2 1/2 weeks of lost education.

Yowch! Uni is much better than school...
I left school in July, I'm 16. If you didn't have to stay in school till you're 16, you'd go to college anyway, so its irrelevant.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Yowch! Uni is much better than school...

I don't miss high school one bit. I just started my first year in university this September, after about a week of class the faculty union suddenly goes on strike without warning. Definitely a memorable time in my educational career.
Quote by pwrmax
I don't miss high school one bit. I just started my first year in university this September, after about a week of class the faculty union suddenly goes on strike without warning. Definitely a memorable time in my educational career.

So what do you do for a living now? Are you a (paid) musician or something else?
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
bring back canes, this will lead to less little shits in the classroom
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Quote by Ovenman
Rather obvious, that.

explain
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
explain

Grammar.
Quote by Kensai

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
Quote by Ovenman
Grammar.

Oui.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Ovenman
Grammar.

Christ. Usually my grammar is pretty good, but this is the internet, I will, to save time, not capitalise letters and such.

But in formal moments, such as letting writing, my grammar will be immaculate.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Yeah so there would be EVEN MORE people unqualified on benefits. Great idea.

They're paying taxes for your schooling, so you should go!
However, school is optional until the age of 16 for the UK and college(16-18) is so much better because you don't have the people who don't want to learn.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Wulphy
Oui.

I'm disappointed you've quoted it, I was going to change it to:
GRAMER INIT
EDIT:
Quote by thedudemeister
Christ. Usually my grammar is pretty good, but this is the internet, I will, to save time, not capitalise letters and such.

But in formal moments, such as letting writing, my grammar will be immaculate.

I'm an in built Grammar Nazi, I have to do these things.
Quote by Kensai

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
Quote by Ovenman
I'm disappointed you've quoted it, I was going to change it to:
GRAMER INIT
EDIT:

I can unquote it if you like.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Ovenman

yea fair enough, i can be a grammar Nazi some times, but only on american spellings and such. capital letters dont annoy me
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by original=punk
Also, because of their behaviour, the teacher spends the entire class time bickering with them, without assigning us work.

Your complaining?
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Page 1 of 2