Bought my Peavey 6505+ yesterday at long last
thanks to everyone who suggested it

anyway, what cabinet should i get with it?
i play mostly hard rock & metal, and have a budget of up to £600 (just over 1000USD)

So far i've looked at:
Peavey 6505 Cab
Orange PPC 4x12
Marshall 1960B

any thoughts??
or suggestions on others?

would be much appreciated

Tom
if you realy love the trivium kind of sound and really want to sound exactly like them

get the marshall cab cos thats what they use

but personally i would get the matching cab. . . but for no particular reason other than its the matching cab!
marshall cabs > peavey cabs
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by Horlicks
Orange cabs>Marshall cabs.

Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by hopespaul
mesa boogie FTW
+1
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by maiden_mexico

o.O

Avatar aren't available here for a start, and with a budget like that, I'd take an Orange over the avatar anyday

If you've got the money, Avatar are good, but Orange cabs are top notch and better than avatar at the end of the day
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
engl cabs would be worth a look too depending on the tone you're after (very modern metal-voiced). i'd probably go with orange out of those three though. EDIT: matamp would be worth a look too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The guy has $1000+ to spend, and people are suggesting Avatars? Wtf, are you high?

Buy a Bogner cabinet, or a Marshall 1960HW cabinet.

Or an unloaded Mojo or StoneAge cab and buy a set of speakers seperately.
Quote by maiden_mexico

No offence mate, but Avatars are cheap, shit cabs in comparison.
Last edited by Horlicks at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by al112987
The guy has $1000+ to spend, and people are suggesting Avatars? Wtf, are you high?

i haven't tried avatars, but that's what i'd have thought... i'd add that things like mesa cabs are way more expensive here than in the USA, so although he might have the equivalent of $1000, that won't buy you $1000 worth of stuff at USA prices. but certainly orange, matamp and engl are under budget, and are well-regarded cab makers, depending on the tone he's after...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?