Im looking to get a mesa boogie style amp (in terms of tone)

I love mark mortons (lamb of god) tone and he uses mesa boogie mark IVs

I particulary like how smooth his guitar tone is

So what would be the cheapest way to get his tone

I have around £320 now, but will be able to get more soon (christmas or paper round

I dont mind if its solid state, tube or modelling or used, but used mesa boogies are around £800 on ebay

I have been considering Randalls, peaveys and bugeras
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
B-52 AT series.

Haven't tried them but they're supposedly "poor man's Mesas" and they get a lot of praise around here.
You won't get a B-52 in England.
I'd suggest you wait until christmas and see how much you have then.
lets say i get £500 altogeter at christmas. I think theres a paper round coming up free so i think i will nab that for £20 a week also so i should be able to get abour £700 by christmas or about £850 by the end of february
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Peavey Rage 158
lets say i get £500 altogeter at christmas. I think theres a paper round coming up free so i think i will nab that for £20 a week also so i should be able to get abour £700 by christmas or about £850 by the end of february
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Peavey Rage 158
Quote by UncleCthulhu
B-52 AT series.

Haven't tried them but they're supposedly "poor man's Mesas" and they get a lot of praise around here.

They're not.

People don't know what they're talking about.

Really, if you want the Mesa tone, you're going to have to buy a Mesa, but seeing as you're in the UK, I really wouldn't advise it as they're ridiculously overpriced

Get a nice Engl or something, won't be quite the same, but at least with the Engl you'll be finding your tone and not be trying to find someone else's.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
an engl screamers your best bet in england. if you can find a randall rg50tc somewhere for a good price, that's good for metal as well
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by MatrixClaw
They're not.

People don't know what they're talking about.

Really, if you want the Mesa tone, you're going to have to buy a Mesa, but seeing as you're in the UK, I really wouldn't advise it as they're ridiculously overpriced

Get a nice Engl or something, won't be quite the same, but at least with the Engl you'll be finding your tone and not be trying to find someone else's.
Good advice, I agree.

I'm seeing a lot of the same wording and phases by numerous posters around here. I find my self asking "Didn't I just read the exact same description/comment on another board?"
There are lot's of recycled, baseless opinions floating around.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I played an engl in the guitar shop a while ago trying out my guitar and it sounded awesome. I also played the randall RG100 G3 (hybrid combo) and that had a real bite(is that the word?)

I want to try some bugeras, the randall RG 50 TC and a few more engls as well as a proper marshall.
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Peavey Rage 158
Mesa DC series amp; it's like a recto as far as gain and bottom end go, but with the mark articulation, tightness and warmth.