Hey guys, so here's story. They're working on the electric stuff on my street today, and we've had numerous power outages so far during the day. Just now, I was playing my guitar through my Peavey Valveking and the power went out. Could this have hurt the tubes or any other part of the amp? I made sure I turned it off so that when he power came back on it didn't hurt the amp (if that's possible).

So, did the power failure hurt the amp at all? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
No, an outage wouldn't, a surge could - but that's why your amp has fuses. You should be fine. (Your amp too).
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
No, an outage wouldn't, a surge could - but that's why your amp has fuses. You should be fine. (Your amp too).

Haha alright thanks a lot!!
Well does it still work?

Kinda a bad idea too to be playing your tube amp while you know youve had a few power outtages during the day, oui?
My Gear:
Jackson RR3 + Bill Lawrence L500XL

Sennheiser EW500 Wireless
T-bone EWS wireless
IbanezTS9
MXR 6Band EQ
Ibanez WD7
Decimator

Peavey VK100
Epiphone ValveJunior
Kustom Quad100DFX 2x12
MicroCube!
Marshall 1960A 4 x 12
^Nah, it's no different than if you just turned it off yourself.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
One time I was playing late one night and the voltage to the whole house dropped by about half so the amp was kicked down to like 60 volts or so and all the lights were dim. The tone that came out of that thing was pretty trippy. Super Brown Sound.... And I had my very own Variac for about 5 minutes or so. lol
^That's about the only good that comes from having crappy 120 coming into your house. If I ever build my own, 220 all the way baby, no more damn dimming lights. I would probably have to use a step down to my amp though right?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
When I had my amps going at night my A/C wouldnt even come on, it would take about 5 trys before kicking over. They had to install a hard start unit on it to get it to work properly. Gotta love it...

Electric companys and wiring have gone down hill considerably over the years....
Quote by Kevin Saale
^That's about the only good that comes from having crappy 120 coming into your house. If I ever build my own, 220 all the way baby, no more damn dimming lights. I would probably have to use a step down to my amp though right?

That's not quite how it works. There'd be no advantage whatsoever to having 220 volts in your house that I can think of. Remember that by doubling the voltage you'd be halving the current.
Besides, you'd have to run almost everything you own off a transformer to take it right back down to 120.