For those who have bought this product... I'm somewhat interested in it since I see a lot of people using it and getting great results, and I'm kind of fed up with only having 1 decent sounding virtual amp to play with (I've downloaded others but they sound awful).

I use reaper to record - my question is simply whether anyone can tell me from the products page at http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=guitarlineshop&L=1 what the difference is between the $560, $340, and $120 editions is.

Overall my issue is whether I can download the $120 edition and have everything I want and need, that it will work with reaper, and give me a quality sound that I want with various options to get different clean and distorted sounds.
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
GUITAR RIG 3 Kontrol Edition: Full Guitar Rig 3 + pedal switch board thing which also doubles as something you can plug your guitar into like toneport (correct me if I'm wrong)
GUITAR RIG 3 Software Edition: Full Guitar Rig 3
GUITAR RIG SESSION: toneport like thing + Guitar Rig Lite
GUITAR RIG 3 XE: Guitar Rig Lite

Before buying you should probably try downloading a demo. There are a couple of other ones you might prefer as well like amplitube 2, revalver mk III which all have free demos.
thanks will try the demo. I have a demo of amplitube 2 and its useless, all of the presets sound like shit so I never use it for recording

Any idea of how much stuff you lose between "lite" and full? I don't need tonnes of bells and whistles, just a few presets that sound good and enough gain that I don't have to rig through my practice amp would be nice. Maybe demo will make it clearer what I get!
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
thing is , with all programs like this, its easy to get usable clean-tones,but you must tweak for hours to get usable distortion sounds.
Yeah, you need to put the work in, not just go straight for the presets.
There is poetry in despair.
I downloaded the demo last night and I am now a much happier man - what I was really missing was just some good clean tones and guitar rig has these in spades. Having more mic effects to play with is also pretty awesome.

Does the demo ever expire? Or do you just have the limits of it not saving your settings in reaper, and shutting down every 30 minutes? Curious what the $100 would buy me :p
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
Also look at GTR by Waves. In my opinion its the most natural sounding amp sim. It goes for right $100 for the software only (iGTR).
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic