I need a low wattage power amp im buying an engl se preamp because im getting a good deal for it (700) and also i dont want to spend 2500 on an SE head when i its purely for home recording.

I was looking at the mesa 20/20 but i would rather have something that is not extortionately priced in europe.
Marshall EL84 2020?
If you really wanted to go cheap, you could get a Rocktron Velocity. But I don't recommend that.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Marshall EL84 2020?
If you really wanted to go cheap, you could get a Rocktron Velocity. But I don't recommend that.

i dont want rocktron stuff, im not buying a top end preamp to play it though that crap haha

Really looking for class B like Koch or any euro manufacturers who do a low watt power amp.
Hmmm. I'm not too sure with what you can get over there. But Carvin stuff is supposed to be pretty transparent.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Hmmm. I'm not too sure with what you can get over there. But Carvin stuff is supposed to be pretty transparent.

so is that what most people look for transparancy? i have a top mackie pa so if i wanted transparency i could go through that and it would be fine. i thought the preamp would add most of the tone.
Yes. People look for transparency in power amps precisely because the preamp is the source of tone.

Don't judge me.