I'm not that big of a fan of reverb so I usually have it turned all the way down but I was playing around with the settings and I turned it up and the amp started buzzing and popping. I turned it back down again and it seemed that the amp was a lot louder than it had been earlier. It also buzzes constantly on the distortion channel now (no, it is not the distortion) Does anyone have any idea what it could be?
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
Anyone?
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
My reverb died a while ago
I didn't do extensive testing but it appears that my input transducer is shot.
Some googling says it may just be the wires going to the connectors breaking but I cant be bothered to check
(I just took my amp apart anyway with the dream of throwing out the reverb and adding an effects loop)

in your case: if all else fails, a new spring reverb is like $30
Two questions for you. Is your reverb tube or spring? Is your amp new or did you buy used?
Spring reverbs make all kinds of popping and dungeon gate slamming sound under high vibration or when they get hit hard enough, another thing is the pot for the reverb level if not cycled they tend to get dead spots and these can cause some noise but not like the spring being struck or vibrating too much. If your amp uses a tube for the reverb the tube maybe on its last legs, no prob there as they are cheap and easy to replace. Try cycling to reverb pot a few times with the amp turned off. Then power up and checkthat it is working properly.
Hope this helps.
It's a spring reverb. What do you mean by cycling the pot?

Edit: I've had it for a few months but I got it used so I don't know how old it is.
Quote by Invader Jim

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
I'm still not sure what I should do. Would unplugging the tank get rid of the buzzing?
Quote by Invader Jim

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
Quote by end_citizen

I pulled the tank out of the amp and inspected it but I didn't see anything broken. The springs were fine and there were no broken wires or solders, so I don't think there's a problem. Is there a pre-amp tube that controls the reverb?
Quote by Invader Jim

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build