Poll: Do the punks like the beatles?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do the punks like the beatles?
Yeah, I dig 'em
20 65%
Nah, I don't like 'em
4 13%
Meh.
5 16%
I like real dinosaurs, like the Stones.
2 6%
Voters: 31.
Since the Jam thread's been hijacked, it seems as though the fab four warrant their own thread.

For the record, I dig 'em. A lot of early punk bands covered the beatles. The Damned, for instance, recorded a killer version of 'help'.
I unapologetically love the Beatles. End of it. From first grade to seventh grade I only listened to the Beatles, no joke.
DOWN&OUT
definitely dig the beatles. the covers are awesome as well.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
They had some undeniably great songs. I wouldn't really consider myself a fan, but I have no beef with them.
They're one of my favorite classic rock (pop) bands, second only to the Kinks. I've been listening to them more or less since birth. So many bands today wouldn't exist without them. Like them or not, they were probably one of, if not the, most important bands in musical history.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
I love the Beatles. Yes they are overrated, but the make good tunes.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by ezlntrooper
definitely dig the beatles. the covers are awesome as well.

eztrooper where were you last night? I was in LA we shoulda partied like rock stars.
Quote by Kulcha Shock
I like em cuz Brian likes em.

My favourite Beatles era is the psychedelic studio stuff around '67. Mainly because of the mutual influence with pink floyd.
Quote by Jett Diamond
I unapologetically love the Beatles. End of it. From first grade to seventh grade I only listened to the Beatles, no joke.

yup
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
well im from liverpool and grew up with the beatles being shoved at me left right and centre, not that they needed to mind. i think they did that much for music as a whole that all genres should embrace them no matter how cheesy they sound they will never sound dated. im in a sort of punky alt rock band and we do a punk cover of help and it always goes down well.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

My favourite Beatles era is the psychedelic studio stuff around '67. Mainly because of the mutual influence with pink floyd.
I like the more rockin' side of the Beatles. Stuff like Day Tripper, Get Back, Come Together, Paperback Writer, ect.

I'm alittle shocked that there hasn't been any hate, but I expect a lot to come.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I much prefer the Stones. They do have some very well written songs - however, I think they would have been much better if they didn't try so hard to be so radio friendly.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
used to hate them for YEARS

then I heard Sgt Pepper, then got the White Album

and then realized the White Album is probably the best album ever.

I am def gonna do a cover of Helter Skelter, that song is fu cking killer.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I think they are one of the most over rated bands ever but they did write some timeless tunes....as well as a lot of crap.
I like them a lot. Unfortunately, I don't have any of their albums. But I've heard The White Album, and I can say without even owning it that it's among my favorite albums.
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I much prefer the Stones. They do have some very well written songs - however, I think they would have been much better if they didn't try so hard to be so radio friendly.

I think that I might take the stones over the beatles if the stones would have broken up after Brian Jones was fired/died a bit later.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I like the Beatles. Revolver is probably in my top 5 albums.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by element4433
I'm alittle shocked that there hasn't been any hate, but I expect a lot to come.

I'm also very shocked. It seems as though it's acceptable to listen to older stuff now.

Thanks to Brian for coming out of the closet for PF and the Tull!

I need to get hold of "Rubber Soul"

Also, there was a punk version of the beatles, they were cool.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I'm also very shocked. It seems as though it's acceptable to listen to older stuff now.

The Punkles?
Also, I hated the Beatles until I was 14.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

PF still sucks.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
PF still sucks.

Pfft, whatever dude. I'm a pioneer and a maverick, so like, feel free to have a chew on my impressive phallus! tee hee hee

Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
The Punkles?

Yeah lol!
I seriously want to kill someone everytime I hear the term "maverick".
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by werty22
I like them a lot. Unfortunately, I don't have any of their albums. But I've heard The White Album, and I can say without even owning it that it's among my favorite albums.

Speaking of the White Album, Revolution 9 kicks ass. I don't see why its so hated.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I seriously want to chew on Brian's impressive phallus everytime I hear the term "maverick".

Tee hee hee, just for those lurking, I'm not usually like this, I've had too much fizzy pop!

In all fairness, I would say that I am indeed a maverick. (cue to chew!)

I got an album with MOJO magazine where artists covered the white album, revolution 9 is blatantly one of the highlights.
I think the whole "Do punx liek (insert unpunk band/thing here)!?" thing is going a little too far.