Hey, I need to get new strings for my guitar. The ones on there right now are fender bullets, and I don't know much about electric, but I can't imagine these are very good strings. So what are the best strings to get?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
D'Addario, Elixir.

That's all I can tell you - the gauge is a personal choice, but I always use 9's on my Jackson (FR) and I like 10's on my other guitars. Elixir's are anti-rust, so they'll last as long as you can bear to see your fretboard get dirty.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
i personally prefer D'Addarios
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
just curiosity, would it be dangerous to string up my electric with light acoustic strings?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Depends. It's mostly preference. Some characteristics of different brands that I've noticed:

Ernie Ball: Noisy. Unforgiveably so. Sliding any distance on the strings produced a horrendous screeching. The tone, however, is top-notch, and they last a good while.

DR: My favorite. Last for a decent amount of time, not noisy, with satisfactory tone.

Elixirs: Last fucking forever. However, I find that they are very uncomfortable on the fingers. Tone is nice.

Blue Steels: Sound excellent, feel excellent, but they're dead in a week.

Try a few brands out a stick with what you like.

Quote by Natrone
just curiosity, would it be dangerous to string up my electric with light acoustic strings?

Depending on the type of strings, it might not work.
ernie balls play the best for bending and sound great but only use them if youre willing to change them out often because they dont last long. and by the way if you have one guitar and play every day you should be changing them out every 2 to 4 weeks max if you want your guitar playing good. strings are cheap and changing them is easy. not swapping them out after theyre not in optimum shape is like racing a porsche 911 gt2 on cheapo walmart tires. if you can afford a guitar you can afford a 3 to 5 dollar set of strings every couple of weeks. your fingers and ears will love you for it.
Quote by Natrone

not a problem as long as theyre the same guage as the ones the guitar was set up for. wont sound too good though.
I actually play with Ernie Ball. They are quite cheap and in great quality. Atleast that's my opinion.
i play ernie ball but i use 11s and i tune down but thats my personall prefferance, all i can say is try out different strings
I played with D´Addarios and they last for a long time but i didnt feel comfortable with em on my fingers, so i ordered a pack of Ernieball strings to try them out.

Something you should do, is to buy a few packs of diffrent strings, Ernieball , Skullstrings, D´Addario etc and then try them and you will know what feel best for you, no doubt.
It's all preference.

I use Fender Nickel and if I can't get them I use EB.

I hate D'Addario but they last, I just don't like the feel/sound.

Again, it's all what you like. Strings are cheap so buy a few sets and experiment.