OK, I desperately need a new amp and my birthday is coming up. I need some recommendations for a tube combo amp that will get me a great metal tone (Metallica, Slayer, etc.) and some great cleans. would be great if it had seperate channel EQs. Price must be under $2500. all help appreciated.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Laney TT Series, Mesa/Boogie (just look at their range in general), Diezel Herbert, Marshall JCM series.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
How about a tube combo for classic rock and some decent cleans?
"And Whamo! Your stuck with some boring job, and they dont let you play guitar and they dont let you take pictures of naked women"
-Homer Simpson
A $2500 birthday present? Lucky...

Unless it's a birthday present from yourself.

Anyway, for great cleans and awesome metal tones you should definitely look into Mesa/Boogie.
Quote by Shiroshu
A $2500 birthday present? Lucky...

Unless it's a birthday present from yourself.

Anyway, for great cleans and awesome metal tones you should definitely look into Mesa/Boogie.

well, my brithday is 6 days from christmas
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by revilo
How about a tube combo for classic rock and some decent cleans?

or a tube combo for metal and some great cleans?
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
+1 for the Mesa.

And the EVH guitar in your sig reminded me.. maybe one of the new EVH III's?

EDIT: Sorry, that's not a combo. Definitely Mesa then.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Oct 1, 2008,
does it have to be a combo? a head + 2x12 will only be slightly bigger and give you a lot more options... a lot of the best high-gainers only come in head format...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You could easily afford Kerry King's signature Marshall JCM 800. Not only is it Slayer's actual tone, it is quite versitile. It can do sparkling cleans, blues, jazz, rock, and of course, metal. This amp is totally flying under the radar and I have no idea why. It's a KILLER amp.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
You could easily afford Kerry King's signature Marshall JCM 800. Not only is it Slayer's actual tone, it is quite versitile. It can do sparkling cleans, blues, jazz, rock, and of course, metal. This amp is totally flying under the radar and I have no idea why. It's a KILLER amp.

that'll be my amp when i get a band started, but for now, i need a good tube amp for practise and smaller gigs.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Soldano Reverb-O-Sonic
Marshall JVM410C
but really, getting a head/cab would work real well.
you could get a Roccaforte. that's be suhweet.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by TheEsupremacy

I have never once heard people use "sparkling cleans" to describe a Marshall 2203, much less a hot rodded one like the KK signature.

That amp turned to 10 is anything but sparkling or clean.