I play guns n roses songs a lot. However, I never was too serious with getting the right tone, etc. Now, I'm becoming a bit more picky. I've been trying many different settings for my amps, effects, and guitars, and finally got a tone that I feel is a good base. My equipment is:

Amps:
Crate CR-160
Line 6 Micro Spider

Effects:
BOSS DD-7
BOSS VB-2
BOSS DS-1

Guitars:
Aria Pro II CS-250
Laguna LE 322 AVB

Picks:
Dunlop Tortex 1.0 mm

So, basically... the questions I need answered are:

1) What order should the pedals be in? Currently, I have the guitar into the DD-7, to the VB-2, to the DS-1, to the amp.

2) How do I set up the DD-7 for a good slapback effect?

3) I can't seem to get good sustain/feedback for songs like Estranged. I understand the finger over the pickup, and close to the amp rules, but still nothing "good". The sustain problem is mostly for the songs intro.

4) Not really related, lol - I'm thinking about buying a small (not mini) Marshall practice amp for my room (about the size of the line 6 micro spider) when I get the money (I just used most of my money on the DD-7). Any suggestions?

5) Which guitar should I use? What should the settings on the guitar be like (Aria Pro has a 3-way and 4 knobs, the laguna has 5 way, and two knobs. Both have a coil split.)?

Before anyone says anything like Line 6 sucks, or the DS-1 sucks... first of all, I like the line 6, and ds-1 a lot. Secondly - yes, I prefer the Crate over the Spider. However, the crate has a short, which I still need to fix/get fixed. And third - I got the DS-1 because it was in my price range at the time I got it, back in May/June.

Thanks for any help.
My equipment:
Aria Pro II Cardinal Series CS-250
Crate CR-160
CONN (Accoustic)
Laguna LE 322 AVB
BOSS DS-1
Line 6 Micro Spider
Line 6 Uber Metal
BOSS VB-2
BOSS D-7
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Classic