I have a Roland Cube 30 that has the ability to switch the channel and the effects remotely.

I have a crappy 2 button footswitch that requires TWO presses to switch the channel (clean/distortion) and TWO presses to switch (effects/no effects). So its a pain in the butt to switch things around.

What I REALLY want is a single press to go from (Distortion + No Effects) to (Clean + Effects). Is there a way? I don't mind doing my own wiring if necessary.

Thanks,
Swami
Just put the switch sideways, so when you stand on it your whole foot length presses both switches, it's what I do with my Marshall footswitch.

Either that grow wider feet.
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Do a Tom Morello and put a plank of wood on top of both buttons? Then you just stamp on the plank and it hits both buttons
ohai little sig.
Weld two pieces of metal together in a V, then put a flat plate at the apex of the V. Put the two ends of the V on bot switches, step on the flat plate.

BADABING!

Or just learn to do it better with two steps.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Demonikk
Do a Tom Morello and put a plank of wood on top of both buttons? Then you just stamp on the plank and it hits both buttons

Wow. That's a lot less complicated than the way I did it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
right as you are about to switch from clean to distortion, hit the effect channel like 1-2 seconds early. then hit the distortion button. or hit both at once. thats what i would do.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Hey what if I used a SINGLE footswitch with a mono 1/4" plug, would that switch both at the same time?
Quote by Demonikk

wow... that's F'ing GENIOUS!!!

I'll have to remember that...
O O

___
Quote by Swami
Why the F does my footswitch take two presses anyway?

Is it a Behringer FS by any chance? It has 2 settings for 3each pedal, latch and non-latch. I can't remember which is which but if it's set to one, change it and that should do it.

By the way, the plank thing is a ****ing cracker idea! Should be patented!
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
I figured out how it worked by plugging in a 1/4" stereo cord to the footswitch jack and using a pair of pennies to close the two circuits from the other end of the cable. The cube works best with a "momentary" switch. While is uses a momentary switch, you do not need to hold the switch down, and On/Off blip on the circuit simply triggers the ICs to change states.

I purchased about $8.00 worth of stuff at the electronics store and now have a perfect footswitch that will switch both the effects and the channel at the same time.