LINKY:http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=72a3272e6a9cea5ad2db6fb9a8902bda

DUE DATE: November the 6th

yes, no lies, I think now is an appropriate time to bring it back. #8 was a total failure and I believe had one submission *yikes* But I love this contest and I think it really has helped out a lot of folks who don't have bands and want to jam out. So here is how it goes.......

The contestants will take the drum track and add whatever instruments they want to it
They will mix their track and post it on their accounts (Purevolume, myspace, Dmusic, etc.)

RULES:

No tampering of the drums track....that means no looping of segments or deleting parts.

You must submit the finish product on your accounts, 10 days after the track has been posted, if not you will be automatically eliminated from the contest.

There is no limit on how many instruments/ how many layers of instruments can be used and vocals are considered an instrument AND ENCOURAGED!

The system will go as follows.
1st place: 3 points- 2nd place: 2 points - 3rd Place- 1 point

I am the judge and I will post the drum track when I feel there is enough contestants (usually 5 or 6) I encourage all types of musicians to give this a shot. Usually there is a nice amount of drop outs, probably 50% so I am putting no limits on how many folks should or can enter, the more the merrier.

There are no genre restrictions, wherever you take the track is where it goes. My drum production has GREATLY improved over time. I think a lot of the old school folks could appreciate that.

PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DON'T PLAN ON CONTRIBUTING

Contestant List :

Kivarenn
MetalJim
Davester
Junirofreak
Shizzybrane
aleehasan

I am also very understanding of deadline problems and etc. if you need an extra day PM me and let me know I can arrange something, but let me know ASAP

Cheers and hope many of you decide to join
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Last edited by GoodCharloteSux at Nov 14, 2008,
hey cool another one! sign me up holmes.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
ok sweet three are in about 2-3 more to start it off.......
Hmm, I'm not on UG much these days but I just noticed this thread... unfortunately I'm really busy at the moment. if teh track comes up and it's good iI can give it a quick shot but nothing's certain. Sorry.
Wow, been a long time. School's kept me busy. But I'd be willing to give this a shot
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
Alright I guess we will do with 4, hopefully others listen to the track and go for it.
cool man

is the track going up this weekend? i guess i'll have all the time in the world to work on it since i'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow morning.
I am working on a ton a video projects 2 smaller ones and two other ones that will be going on for the next 4 weeks) and I don't have a lot of time but I will enter this contest anyawys and see if I cant get enough time put aside to come up with something by the deadline.

I've been working with software synths a lot more this month (RaptureLE being a big one) and depending on the track style I may do a synth based song.
BTW if anyone is interested in my latest synth work check my UG profile, I added a track I am still working on under the "Electo" album.
Last edited by moody07747 at Oct 23, 2008,
recorded and burned just need to post it, it will be up by 5 tonight.........
sweet line. its muy piquante, this should be fun
Hey guys,

Im on holiday in the US right now and dont get back untill the 4th. If you could take the due date back untill the 6th or something that would be great!

No trouble if not however, i listened to the track and its very cool, potentially lots of fun on this one!
the 6th sounds fine, I'll make it official, and put it on the main post.
I have to drop out of this contest guys, sorry but my hard drive is failing on me, (all 500GB of it...) and every time I use it freezes up my computer...

So yea I will be putting something in my blog explaining it all...
shame dude, hope everything pans out ok with your PC

any progress?
Ok I got some of my data off the drive and backed it up to my desktop and brothers external drive. I have the paperwork for the return and will be sending the drive out monday morning. I should get a new one back soon after for free.

As for progress on the song, I have not had any time to even start on it and with the backups on my desktop I cant do much audio or video production as I run out of storage space.

I cant wait to get some cash together to build a new desktop...
oops, with the rather inactive state of this thread, I sense very little coming in,
aye.. i'm sorry holmes, i pretty much forgot about this whole thing. been working some extra bit and i finally got around to writing another original. i hate to duck out of this one. again.
GCS, keep this drum track and try and make another competition when you feel that more people are able to complete. Like over christmas holidays kind of time?

its a brilliant contest when loads of people get their submissions in, so i definatly think with people being busy and location issues their would be a better outcome when the contest is running through holiday time.
sure, whatever........i'll just keep it open
is this 'salsa fast' done to a metronome, if so can i get the bpm. so i guess i am in, is will need a little bit of time, maybe i can get it in by new year?

has anyone even turned their piece in yet?
alright, i am done. i guess just click on my name to go to my profile and hear the submission, i just called it 'salsa fast' to keep things simple. i recorded most of it one morning in a hotel room in Newnan, GA after i had got off work early from working night shift. took about an hour and a half. when i got home i recorded the last part in about 10 minutes, then took another 20 minutes to mix it down. so just finish up the project, it is not really that intensive, it's just a 3 minute song. so get out there and kick this things ass real quick and we can do another one in february or something.