I'm looking for a great metal amp. Something with great distortion and the most bang for the buck.
Quote by solitaryshell90
First things first, are you willing to go used? Where do you live? Gigging or bedroom practice?

Yes am willing to go used

Live in NJ

Bedroom practice
Well I really haven't heard of hese amps before. Plus they are solid states. Just how good are they? How legit is craigslist anyway?
Quote by o_hai_dere
Well I really haven't heard of hese amps before. Plus they are solid states. Just how good are they? How legit is craigslist anyway?

Craiglist is a free classified ads website. You gotta call the seller yourself and pick it up/pay for it in person.
Not sure about the Ampeg one, haven't heard it or tried it out. As for the one I posted, I think that would be a great choice. It's not all tube, but in your case, an all tube amp is not what you need, if this is only for bedroom practice. here's some more specs about it:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG75DG3-G3-ValveDynamic-Series-Amp?sku=480335

EDIT: I would also like to add that Randall has a good reputation regarding their RG/ RH series amps.
Last edited by solitaryshell90 at Oct 1, 2008,
ValveKing + overdrive
used Peavey 6505
used Peavey XXX
Randall RG50TC
B-52 AT112/212
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by solitaryshell90
Not sure about the Ampeg one, haven't heard it or tried it out. As for the one I posted, I think that would be a great choice. It's not all tube, but in your case, an all tube amp is not what you need, if this is only for bedroom practice. here's some more specs about it:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG75DG3-G3-ValveDynamic-Series-Amp?sku=480335

EDIT: I would also like to add that Randall has a good reputation regarding their RG/ RH series amps.

The Ampeg is amazing. The cleans have more life than most SS's and the distortion is brutal enough for stuff like Dying Fetus (especially since they use them)
Quote by o_hai_dere

Dude, does it matter that they're SS? Your asking for a metal machine, not a blues box.
Where are you in New Jersey, what town?
Do you need a good clean channel as well?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
You won't get a great amp in that price range... maybe if you go used, but definitely not new.

yeah i agree
[A Portrait For The Deceased]

I swear they just went into the special ed. class and got one of them to slam their foreheads on the keyboard.
I once masturbated on some dudes arm.
Quote by imgooley
The Ampeg is amazing. The cleans have more life than most SS's and the distortion is brutal enough for stuff like Dying Fetus (especially since they use them)

The Ampeg you're referring to what Dying Fetus uses are the VLs that Lee Jackson designed in the early 90's, not that one that was listed on craigslist.
Quote by AiC75
The Ampeg you're referring to what Dying Fetus uses are the VLs that Lee Jackson designed in the early 90's, not that one that was listed on craigslist.

I thought they used VH's?
Quote by caraluzzo
Where are you in New Jersey, what town?
Do you need a good clean channel as well?

Essex county

Clean doesn't matter as long as it isn't ridiculously bad and lifeless