Page 1 of 2
From Arch Enemy's Myspace bulletin:

Dean Guitars is proud to announce that guitarist extraordinaire Michael Amott of Arch Enemy and Carcass has signed on with Dean guitars. Dean CEO Elliott Rubinson states “I have been a fan of Michael for some time and we are extremely excited that he has decided to make Dean guitars his home. Michael Amott is a very well respected guitarist worldwide and we look forward to working very closely with him to design his dream guitar.

“I contacted Dean guitars said Amott as I was looking for the right guitar company and I knew that if people like Michael Schenker, Dave Mustaine, Dimebag and Leslie West have made Dean their home that I needed to check it out. They sent me two V’s to check out and I immediately fell in love with them. I am sure my new signature guitar will meet all of my demands as well as the needs of my fans around the globe.
"
Be sure to Stay Tuned and be on the lookout for the Michael Amott Signature Guitar to be unveiled at NAMM 2009!

Also look at Dean's website intro... Lol.

Looks like ESP just took another hard hit from Dean...
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
awww ffs, yet another artist going to dean ... way to get your wings mike ... perhaps one day you'll regret not going to caparison ....
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Yeah, Dean is really gunning at ESP artists. I just wish Dean signature models were $3500, otherwise I would by the RC7. I guess ESP signatures are pretty damn rediculously priced too.
Eww...dean.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
..................i enjoy dean

>.>
<.<
>.>

wat i do
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
I really wish Dean made more guitars that didn't have that oversized v headstock because I find it to be butt fugly.
Don't tell me you guys didn't see this coming. It was inevitable.

EDIT: For those who still want a Ninja, they released the new versions not too long ago in Japan.
Last edited by 1010011010 at Oct 1, 2008,
God i despise that guitar...it is too..american? Reall tasteless design with the flames too. My favorite guitarist has gone down two pegs in the style for miles catagory
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by 1010011010
^Let's just hope his sig won't look anything like that.

amen to that bro
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I really hope the headstock on his signature model isn't that ugly V. I think they're good guitars, except the head is weird. That's why I'm getting a VMNT.
Ugh that sucks, the only dean I would use is the VMNT because it has a nice headstock.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
the one hes playing looks like the one michael schenker is holding on the homepage
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
im not surprised at all. i remember 4 months ago when he left ESP we all predicted he would go dean
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
blah. o well, i'm not gonna buy his signature guitar either way, but thats sligtly dissapointing.

i guess it doesnt matter what he plays so long as AE still chugs :P
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
I actually kind of like this model except for the paint job, but the models will probably be really cheap.
Quote by dcdossett65
God i despise that guitar...it is too..american? Reall tasteless design with the flames too. My favorite guitarist has gone down two pegs in the style for miles catagory

Jeez, do you say that about everything you don't like? It makes you sound like a massive tool.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
Quote by punk_rocker101
the one hes playing looks like the one michael schenker is holding on the homepage
It's Michael Schenker's signature guitar. If you know much about Michael Amott you'll know that Schenker is one of his favorite guitarists. I figure that was one of the reasons he went for Dean. It's a nice guitar. Not my cup of tea though. I liked the Ninja. I was planning on buying one when I came into $3k. . . .
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Ugh. I can't stand the Dean V headstock. It's just so out of place on a guitar.

Maybe just me, but my definition of a nice looking guitar is a either like a goldtop Les Paul or a 3-tone Sunburst Strat or like a light brown explorer.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by MustangSVT
Ugh. I can't stand the Dean V headstock. It's just so out of place on a guitar.

Maybe just me, but my definition of a nice looking guitar is a either like a goldtop Les Paul or a 3-tone Sunburst Strat or like a light brown explorer.

Neither of which are exactly perfect for Arch Enemy, in aesthetics or tone. I don't think it'll have that V headstock (I hope). I'm hoping it'll be more like the VMNT one. Or at least the hardtail one.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Some of you guys need to grow a fucking personality. Dean guitars make great guitars just like any other compnany so, stop acting like Dean is some sort of cancer. Me personally, I'm very happy he went with Dean. Yes, Dean guitars does overuse the Dime name but it shouldn't take away that they still make some great guitars.

Some of you guys need to stop with the bandwagon crap because personally, it is only making you look stupid.
Saw it comeing

He's a schenker fan
And everyone is going to dean nowadays

TBH I recon i'll prefer his old ESP ninja to the new dean. Deans ain't bad, just that in my experience ESP's and LTD's are better

Quote by Eric 666
I thought he was going with a Washburn version of the Ninja?...it was posted here a while back. Oh well, I just hope its not $100000.

EDIT: here's the link

http://www.returntothepit.com/concert.php?date=2008-09-05&band=carcass

Maybie he tried a Washburn out but preferd the Dean, or dean offerd him more money

Whatever, it's his choice. I hope I can still get hold of a Ninja one day in the future. Or maybie ESP/LTD will relese it as a standard guitar and not a sig but with differant specs, wike they did when Dave left
Last edited by [I Buy Peace] at Oct 3, 2008,
I don't even get why he needs to switch guitar companies anyways.
Anyways I don't like Deans a whole lot apart from the nice old MLs.

It'll probs just look like a Ninja except it'll have a ghey looking headstock.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
whatever happens i'm sure he'll still have the tone of God! and btw that white washburn looks amazing, i wish they would make that.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Graveworm
Some of you guys need to grow a fucking personality. Dean guitars make great guitars just like any other compnany so, stop acting like Dean is some sort of cancer. Me personally, I'm very happy he went with Dean. Yes, Dean guitars does overuse the Dime name but it shouldn't take away that they still make some great guitars.

Some of you guys need to stop with the bandwagon crap because personally, it is only making you look stupid.

maybe were not on a bandwagon and we have a ****ing oppinion?
i personally dislike dean because the headstock is so massive, and i dont like the shapes. im not into "metal looking" guitars
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Quote by thespian948
maybe were not on a bandwagon and we have a ****ing oppinion?
i personally dislike dean because the headstock is so massive, and i dont like the shapes. im not into "metal looking" guitars

This would only offend people that have something to be offend about.

Trust me , most of these guys on this website follow bandwagons (ex. Bc Rich). If you weren't following the bandwagon, you shouldn't be getting defensive.
people that say "everyone that doesnt like something is on a bandwagon" piss me off. some people DO have oppinions.....
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Im not a big fan of the headstock myself, but I will always remain a fan of Michael's playing and tone

he's a legend regardless of whatever he plays as long as it pays course , if you can make money with sig models etc its all cool.Internet is killing record sales enough.Give the man a break :P
Quote by thespian948
people that say "everyone that doesnt like something is on a bandwagon" piss me off. some people DO have oppinions.....

Dude, opinion is spelled with one "P."

Just wanted to point that out.

/not trying to be an ass.
I really wanted him to sign with Ibanez... just to give them an excuse to start making the Rocket Rolls again lol. Oh well.

EDIT: Dean just started selling their own pickups... I wonder how they sound compared to Duncans or Dimarzios.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Page 1 of 2