I have a Highway One Strat, and my truss rod is refusing to turn in either direction. I have some significant fret buzz and it's not the bridge.

Have any ideas?
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by clsscrckr91
I have a Highway OneStrat , and my truss rod is refusing to turn in either direction. I have some significant fret buzz and it's not the bridge.

Have any ideas?

i think thats it
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by nowa90
i think thats it

I don't.

People don't usually recomend that you mess around with the truss rod without knowing exactly what you're doing... Maybe you should take it to a luthier.

Did you change string gauge recently?
Gear:

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss ME-20
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Washburn South Side Jr.
Dunlop Jazz III XL picks

R.I.P. Rick Wright
Yea. It buzzed before the gauge change, but more so now. Just cause the strings are thicker. I had my friend's dad show me how to check the neck and how to treat the truss rod and stuff. So I know what I'm doing. (he's a guitarist more advanced than I am.)

I messed around with the bridge, I blocked my tremolo cause it was getting on my nerves, but that should pull the strings back further, so I don't think that's it.
Set Up

Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
where is the buzz?

what strings which frets?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Usually the thicker strings E, A, D, sometimes G.

Around frets 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Set Up

Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
if the buzz is transmitting thru the amp, then you're probably going to find, that when you hold the first and last fret on the low E (the last fret being where the neck and body meet)

the low E lays on the middle frets 7-9th, or very close to it.

usually, this means a Counter clockwise turn of the truss rod, no more than 1/4".
that's a very small amount.

but you arent supposed to force the turn.

usually detuning a bit, turning then, retuning the guitar to sit for at least an hour can work.

but i cant tell you to force the turn. because in the 4 or so years i've been doing this on UG i've never screwed up a guys neck, and dont want to start now.

so, if you think maybe you werent trying hard enough, and are sure that you arent cracking the nut, then you can adjust it and let it sit, like stated above.

if you arent sure, or willing to try, then you'll need to let a tech do the adjustment, if you indeed find that that's what's needed.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

thanks jj1565.

I don't know, I'm pretty strong and I couldn't get the truss rod to turn. I should have a tech look at it. I just didn't wanna spend money.
Set Up

Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
another way to change neck angle is to swap string gauge. you can swap one string at a time, and go a little thicker.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62