hey guys im thinking of swapping my digitech RP200A with a boss metal zone and a crybaby wah
is this a good swap? i play GN'R rock and thrash metal...Megadeth and pantera,would that get me the tone i want?
or should i just get a metalzone and use the RP for the wah and the other effects?
i've got the boss metal zone and you can get those tones... but its not the best distortion pedal i've worked with. Overall its a good trade.
Really, to get the tones of Megadeth and GN'R etc., you'll need a nice valve amp. Consider changing your amp (unless of course, you already have a nice one).

Personally, I chose to get a monster amp before I even considered pedals.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
yeah i WILL be getting a good amp...but i was wondering,when it comes to pedals should i:
-trade the RP200 with a crybaby and a boss metal zone?
-keep the RP200 and use its wah and other effects AND get a metalzone
-keep the RP200 and use it and save for a mighty amp?
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
Really, to get the tones of Megadeth and GN'R etc., you'll need a nice valve amp. Consider changing your amp (unless of course, you already have a nice one).

Personally, I chose to get a monster amp before I even considered pedals.

As I agree he should just look into a new amp, you don't need a valve amp to achieve a Pantera tone.
metal zones suck. my friend has one and its awful
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
I'm a believer in single pedals, so ditch the RP200 and get a Metal Muff instead of the metal zone.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^i'd stay away from most distortion pedals anyway, but defiantly sell the RP200. I dont think any distortion sounds good unless it's in front of a tube amp, but that's just me. Maybe Trade the RP200 for the Wah+Cash?