I play mostly heavy metal and hard rock (Metallica, RATM, Zakk W) and sometimes blues and occasionally some clean fingerpicking. I don´t gig, only play at home. I use an ESP Eclipse II with EMG´s.

I´ve found a used Screamer (with footswitches included) for about the same price as a new Bugera 6262, and I like the tone in both of them, but I´m not sure which one I should get.

Screamer:
+Good quality
+Good tone
+Versatile
+Sensible, appropriate wattage
+Quiet, not much hiss
-Not metal enough? (you tell me)

Bugera 6262
+Good tone
+Gain on tap
+Blue power lights
-Not so good quality
-Noisy, fair amount of hiss
-Too much power (120W)

What would you guys choose?
go with the engl
you will not be disappointed
also, 50 watts is more than enough
unless if you're deaf already
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
engl screamer = 3 channels of amazing. VERY VERSATILE!!!

so worth every penny
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
ENGL screamer. Very nice indeed. Nearly got one myself.

Also, I have heard reports of Bugera being really unreliable. Could someone confirm/dismiss this?
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
ENGL screamer. Very nice indeed. Nearly got one myself.

Also, I have heard reports of Bugera being really unreliable. Could someone confirm/dismiss this?

i won't say they're unreliable, but i remember trying out a 6260 combo once, and the tolex and every phsyical feature looked super cheap, much cheaper than i thought
and the "tube" sound actually sounded pretty solid state imo, or maybe i'm just not one for scooped mid tones
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
What about a Peavey Triple X, JSX, or 6505 combo? Those would be better choices than the Engl or the Bugera. I'd definately save the money and get a Bugera instead of the Engl. I didn't think the Engl Screamer did metal good enough, which really shocked me...
ENGL. German engineering, amazing build quality, very versatile, signature ENGL tone, and very...VERY metal.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
You don't have to worry about it being "Not metal enough".

Srsly.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by TheEsupremacy
What about a Peavey Triple X, JSX, or 6505 combo? Those would be better choices than the Engl or the Bugera. I'd definately save the money and get a Bugera instead of the Engl. I didn't think the Engl Screamer did metal good enough, which really shocked me...

I wouldn't say any of those would be a better choice, it's all about preference in tone, I personally would rather have the Engl over all of the amps mentioned, but maybe that's just me.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
[quote="I'd definately save the money and get a Bugera instead of the Engl. I didn't think the Engl Screamer did metal good enough, which really shocked me...[/QUOTE"]

I don´t quite understand. Does this mean, in your opinion, that the Screamer does metal good enough or not?
Quote by HenkeH2
I don´t quite understand. Does this mean, in your opinion, that the Screamer does metal good enough or not?

I didn't like the way it sounded for metal. I was expecting a "Powerball" kind of metal tone and it just didn't sound like that. I like Engl stuff, don't misunderstand me, I just wouldn't buy the Screamer Combo if I was going to use it for high gain metal appications.
Quote by danyellenik
engl screamer = 3 channels of amazing. VERY VERSATILE!!!

so worth every penny

i haven't tried the bugera, but based on every other budget high gainer i've tried, i'd go with the screamer. i could be wrong, of course.

regarding if the screamer is metal enough- you'd really need to try one, some think it is, some don't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?