So now here in Canada there is going to be a new Do not call list for telemarketers. This allows no telemarketers to call your house and if they do they can be fined up to $15,000. Although there are exceptions, such as pollsters, researchers, charities, and government agencies.

My two questions are:

Do you think this is a good idea?

Would you like to see this implemented in your country(if it hasn't already)?
Music, a steady riot in my soul
Yes, I hate telemarketers. They're worse than an old guy talking to a midget.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yes, I hate telemarketers as well. And I know that they hate their jobs because it completely crushes their souls. But that doesn't stop me from hating them.
Quote by drunkenhamster1
So now here in Canada there is going to be a new Do not call list for telemarketers. This allows no telemarketers to call your house and if they do they can be fined up to $15,000. Although there are exceptions, such as pollsters, researchers, charities, and government agencies.

My two questions are:

Do you think this is a good idea?

Would you like to see this implemented in your country(if it hasn't already)?

so in other words it doesn't do shit, cause that's 99% of your telemarketers... and it doesn't work they still call my house and i've done it like 9 times
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
yeh they have that here in the uk too
works
and even when u get one thru that technically gets past it, you just say you're signed up to it and they normally say sorry and hang up

-rob
I'm sure my house number will end up on it eventually.

I think its a good idea personally. But I don't mind it.
People with Caller ID know better then to answer an 800 number or any number in the 800 area code.

EDIT: Register here
Last edited by CaptainRon at Oct 1, 2008,