Is it possible to set up a Floyd Rose-style bridge in E Standard, but have it so that the fine-tuning knob can be used to detune the lowest string from E to D, making for convenient drop tunings.

Any and all help is appreciated.
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
Quote by BMXfreak000
Is it possible to set up a Floyd Rose-style bridge in E Standard, but have it so that the fine-tuning knob can be used to detune the lowest string from E to D, making for convenient drop tunings.

Any and all help is appreciated.

I doubt it, mine has at most a half note range.
i have a z-resistance ibanez bridge, and i can't do that... i doubt it very strongly
Some fine tuners have enough range to do that, but even you aren't left with a whole lot of room to fine tune. Plus when you drop the D that the other strings frequently go out of tune as well slightly.

A d-tuna like Ghold125 mentioned is the best solution.
Quote by Ghold125
just get the evh d-tuna if you just want to do that

This would work but unless you routed the guitar under it, your trem would be dive only.
My Jackson DKMG is equipped with a Floyd Rose. The way I do it is I first tune in Drop D but ,I have my fine tuner turned all the way Counter Clockwise. Then you can just turn it clockwise and raise the pitch to E . It works on mine
Guitars:
Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
Jackson DKMG
Rig:
Bugera 333XL
Marshall 1936 Lead 2X12
You can do it, but you have to change string tension by tightening/loosening the tremolo claw.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
My Jackson Licensed Floyd Rose can do it easily :S I play in E standard and I can easily drop to D during a gig, I can also manage to drop the whole guitar into Eb standard if I wanted.