I have a speech in a couple of weeks on teaching your audience how to do something. I'm going to do "How to Play Guitar (the fast way)". My audience will be people who aren't looking to be musicians, just wanting something to do in their spare time or to impress their friends. Thats why I'm going to focus on tablature instead of actually learning notes etc.

I need an easy song that everyone knows. I'd prefer it not to be something like "twinkle twinkle little star". I was thinking more like "the sweater song" (weezer) or "7 nation army". btw, the audience is mainly 18-20 yr olds and a couple are over 30.

Oh, and if you have any thoughts on what I should include in the speech that would be appreciated as well.

thanks!
I don't know The Sweater Song or 7 nation army, and chances are many people won't. It'll be better to use something like Twinkle Twinkle, Star Wars,or maybe Mary Had a little lamb then to use a song that you assume everybody knows.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
I don't wanna play some lame song though, it won't be as effective. If I can show a song they really like, and how easy it is to play, it'll have a bigger impact.
You'll be surprised. The song will sound lame to you, but the best moment in my guitar career was probably the first time I played the intro to Star Wars. It's more fun when you're just beginning to play something that everybody recognizes and knows by heart.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
some easy songs i think would do well is sometihng like.....

The simpsons
part of slashs godfather theme tune (1st part)
first thing i learnt was intro to Fear of the dark- Iron maiden
Intro to Nothing else matters? by mettalica.

just a few tips.
Please see the stickies in the Tab Talk forum or Guitar & Bass Basics
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic