so i was wondering does not looking at the fretboard and still play the notes correctly comes naturally or do you have to practice it. i've been playing since like Feb
It's the same as being able to type without hunching over to look at the keyboard. As you get used to the motions it just starts coming naturally.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
lol its natural,
but it will take a long time, dont worry, i've been playing for a year and i still cant do it fluently.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by Yakmonster
so i was wondering does not looking at the fretboard and still play the notes correctly comes naturally or do you have to practice it. i've been playing since like Feb

Well at that time I wouldn't say that you should be worrying about that kind of thing but you'll find that as you go on it'll come naturally but some things will probably always be impossible to play without looking, mainly big position shifts.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It'll definitely take you a lot of practice before it happens, but when you finally reach that point you'll feel quite accomplished.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.