I was looking for some advice on a tube amp i'm looking to purchase. My budget is roughly $600-700. I'm lookig for something that's suited for classic rock ( zep , acdc, cream) but i want to also be able to pull off some GnR. I'm looking for something I can play both in my room and in a garage band if possible (like 30w?) so something with a master volume or attenuator would be great...thanks in advance
Used Market ftw.
Pretty much all modern tube amps have a master volume (excluding boutique).
Where do you live (be specific, for Craigslist)?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I live in Canada, and i'd prefer to buy new. Does the peavey classic 30 have a master volume? how does it compare to the Traynor YCV50 blue?
Yes. It does. Read above. Pretty much all modern tube amps are master volume amps. YCV50 Blue is going to be more versatile out of the box.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Yes. It does. Read above. Pretty much all modern tube amps are master volume amps. YCV50 Blue is going to be more versatile out of the box.

I was always under the impression that the YCV50 blue was voiced more for heavier music?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I was always under the impression that the YCV50 blue was voiced more for heavier music?

More heavily voiced than the Classic 30. Shoulda clarified that. When I said versatile, I meant that it'll do what you want without an OD.

Don't judge me.
So between the YCV50 and the peavey classic 30, which amp is better suited for my needs? I currently have a epi LP classic, a boss OD (don't think i'll need this if i get the amp) and a crybaby wah. Any other suggestions in the price range?
Ycv50 Ftw.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
All the bands you mentioned use and used marshalls. The traynor is a very good marshall imitation.

Traynor YCV50. I've heard good things about the YCS50 as well, maybe give that a try as well if you find one.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not