Poll: Live again?
Poll Options
View poll results: Live again?
Yay.
35 51%
Nay.
34 49%
Voters: 69.
I put a poll as well but I don't care so much for the statistics rather than your opinion.

Do you really need for, not necessarily believe in as well, another life after you are dead and depart from this one you are living now?

Yes or no and most importantly WHY?

FAIL_EDIT = My poll question is actually the opposite of the thread one. Excuse me I'm a bit sleepless and I had to clarify.
Last edited by Alex Zyka at Oct 1, 2008,
I don't get the poll, if I say yay does that mean I want to live again i.e. afterlife or what?

Anyway, I don't believe in an afterlife and I'm not interested in it. Life without end has no purpose.
I do not. I believe life after death was an idea created by humans due to the insane fear of death carried by most people.

I believe when you die, the roller coaster is done. Your mind will stop. I don't believe in souls ghosts or any of that.
Yay. I'd Rather know what happens after Maggots eat my Body then not knowing.
I believe that I know nothing about what happens after death. I live life in the moment, death is an inevitability that I will, as with everyone else, will have to deal with at some point.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
I'd like to think there is something after life, but I don't pretend to know whether or not there is one. To me, life now is pointless unless there is some sort of judgement afterwards. I think that the idea of an afterlife is what drives many people to keep some sort of morals. In the end, the idea is just an idea. And an idea that gives some people hope and gives others a set of guidelines to live by.
I think that is a very good point. A set of guidelines and morals. A lot like religion, Santa Claus and so on. Keep you in check

Mostly kidding. But I still agree with you.
you die thats it, it kinda hard to think of but when you died you are completely gone no thoughs nothing , just dead
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by i bleed metal
I'd like to think there is something after life, but I don't pretend to know whether or not there is one. To me, life now is pointless unless there is some sort of judgement afterwards. I think that the idea of an afterlife is what drives many people to keep some sort of morals. In the end, the idea is just an idea. And an idea that gives some people hope and gives others a set of guidelines to live by.

I don't agree or disagree with you. Just want to point out morality is foremost useful in this life not only from longterm positive social effects but for physiological as well. It has been proven for example that altruism or giving without expecting benefit consciously produces dopamin in the brain and makes you happier.
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start!

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
It'll be like it was before I was born.
I was dead for billions of years before I was alive.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
It'll be like it was before I was born.
I was dead for billions of years before I was alive.

Haha, great statement!
Quote by Soul-Monger
Until you come back as a lemming.
At least you get a quick reincarnation that time round.
how many after-lifes does a cat have?

ohhh, ya and yay, afterlife sounds pretty sick
There has to be something after you die, I mean seriously, not necessarily heaven, hell, or whatever heavenly bodies other religions have, but perhaps reincarnation. I wasn't staring at blackness before I was born...I just kind of appeared to myself, when I die, I won't be in an endless stare of blackness either, something must happen.
Quote by EnemyWolf
There has to be something after you die, I mean seriously, not necessarily heaven, hell, or whatever heavenly bodies other religions have, but perhaps reincarnation. I wasn't staring at blackness before I was born...I just kind of appeared to myself, when I die, I won't be in an endless stare of blackness either, something must happen.

Yea you do reincarnate. Only problem is, you can't remember your past life.

...Hell that probably is true, who knows
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Yea you do reincarnate. Only problem is, you can't remember your past life.

...Hell that probably is true, who knows

Well obviously you will just basically be in a new life, like this one, but like I said my theory is, when someone dies, they are either staring eternally at blackness, or something else happens, there is just absolutely no way they cease to exist in inner form or whatever you want to call it, it just wouldn't make sense.
Quote by EnemyWolf
You weren't staring at anything at all because you had no capability for perception.

You're a biological machine, like it or not, "you" didn't exist until all your parts were in place and running and you will cease to exist once your parts have worn out and broken down.

If I blend my computer right now to dust it won't exist anymore, it'll be dust.
Quote by EnemyWolf
Well obviously you will just basically be in a new life, like this one, but like I said my theory is, when someone dies, they are either staring eternally at blackness, or something else happens, there is just absolutely no way they cease to exist in inner form or whatever you want to call it, it just wouldn't make sense.

Well you would n't be staring at anything. You would be dead, as in unconscious. Like before you were born, it was all unconsciousness with no perception or idea of what is happening, Death would probably be like that.

Think about like going to sleep after blacking out from a long night of drinking.
have any of you tried to think about eternity, its something that i've never been able to wrap my head around. its like what will life be like millions and millions and millions of years from now. what will the people do when our sun finally runs out/kills us from expanding. these questions we'll never know the answer to but its still very hard to comprehend, well to me at least.
I would hate to live forever. Even if I were to live eternally in heaven, it would be like hell. I really hope there's no afterlife.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X