57 85%
I see a therapist/psychiatrist and im on medication
4 6%
I'm only on medication
4 6%
I only see a therapist/psychiatrist
2 3%
Voters: 67.
i have seen them before but only because i was depressed and it went away and therefore i am normal
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
therapist/psychiatrists only listen to what u have to say no advice. if ur lookin for advice talk to a best friend. if u have no friends..... go to a jazz club. girls r usually there.
Originally Posted by bchoun
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
I honestly believe self reflection is better than paying some tit a fortune to try to hammer you into his textbook psychological definitions.
Quote by FileDeleted
therapist/psychiatrists only listen to what u have to say no advice. if ur lookin for advice talk to a best friend. if u have no friends..... go to a jazz club. girls r usually there.

Then what the hell is their purpose? I think you're over generalizing
I fell into the second choice category for a while. I was suffering horrible depression after someone I loved pass.

It helped, but it was kind of awkward. Like he did a good job of relating to me and making me feel better, but it still was kind of strange for obvious reasons.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I honestly believe self reflection is better than paying some tit a fortune to try to hammer you into his textbook psychological definitions.

You've obviously never seen a decent psychologist.
music is my therapist... but just talk to someone you trust... people who know you best usually give good advice... as far as medication i dunno
i see a psychiatrist and take bipolar medication.i have been for about a year

you have no idea how much it helps. i can actually make it through a week now without obsessing over killing myself or everyone else
Quote by musiclover2399
I fell into the second choice category for a while. I was suffering horrible depression after someone I loved pass.

It helped, but it was kind of awkward. Like he did a good job of relating to me and making me feel better, but it still was kind of strange for obvious reasons.

I can understand things like talking about such personal things to strangers and proably crying in front of them.
i am bipolar, i use medication, i have an appointment for a possible higher dosage. Art usually helps me, music and skateboarding. those are my favorites so they help most of the time.
Quote by metaldud536
I can understand things like talking about such personal things to strangers and proably crying in front of them.

I might've teared up at one point but never cried. We did get to know each other first of course, with him asking most of the questions so he could get a sense of who I was.

The medication (Zoloft) admittedly did nothing for at least a few weeks. But once it really started kicking in I felt much more like doing anything except moping.
Quote by musiclover2399
I might've teared up at one point but never cried. We did get to know each other first of course, with him asking most of the questions so he could get a sense of who I was.

The medication (Zoloft) admittedly did nothing for at least a few weeks. But once it really started kicking in I felt much more like doing anything except moping.

So you actually felt like making something out of yourself?
Quote by metaldud536
So you actually felt like making something out of yourself?

You could say that, yeah. It got me job searching and gave me the balls to finally try going to singing lessons.
they dont make meds for what i have lol
Quote by Gunpowder
This article just proves that we should never underestimate the deadly potential of baked goods.

Quote by Gunpowder
This, my friends, is the quintessence of average Pit-goer's thought process & logic.

UG MISSILE BASE !
UG's Hate Crew group
You should add a "Used to see one" option on the poll.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Never have, never plan to. I only very rarely have issues sorting my emotions out myself, and I have friends for when I can't.
Quote by musiclover2399
You could say that, yeah. It got me job searching and gave me the balls to finally try going to singing lessons.

That's very interesting. I congrajulate(sp?) you.
The medication acts as more of a mask of the depression. You're still depressed, but only for the time of when the medication kicks in, you don't feel sad anymore... sort of like marijuana or mushrooms.

Really, the medication is useless for ultimately eradicating yourself from depression. To overcome something like that, you are going to have to solve it yourself, not "cheat" by using medication.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by metaldud536
That's very interesting. I congrajulate(sp?) you.

Thanks, I myself wouldn't mind being a psychologist now since I find the mind interesting; plus I could help people.
Quote by RockGuitar92
You should add a "Used to see one" option on the poll.

This.

I saw a therapist for awhile because I had massive anxiety/panic attacks daily, but they eventually went away.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Quote by KingDev
You've obviously never seen a decent psychologist.
I've never seen any.

Who can solve my own problems better than me?
Quote by freedoms_stain
I've never seen any.

Who can solve my own problems better than me?

Yea but sometimes people are born the disorders like depression and when the symptoms occur, they have no idea why they feel like that.
im normal
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by FuZzY(aus)
im normal

damn you... normies.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.