Hey guys, I just did a couple really rough recordings of my guitar tracks for 3 of my band's songs. Keep in mind I messed up in a couple spots so it sounds a little sloppy and I recorded off of the internal mic in my Mp3 player so the mix doesn't do my eq justice. Oh also my NS-2 ran out of batteries so there's some noise at parts. Also this is just me, so the tracks for the other guitarist aren't there. The end of untitled 1 is my fav, but without the other guitarist it sounds kinda empty.

All things aside, take a listen and see what you thing. They are the 3 songs in my profile with "It Is Finshed" before them.
Sounds pretty sweet to me like you said all it needs is the rest of the band. I would try to get a clearer recoding though, i know your using a mp3 player mic but you should really look into getting riff works or something like that for recording.
Quote by Ganshar
Sounds pretty sweet to me like you said all it needs is the rest of the band. I would try to get a clearer recoding though, i know your using a mp3 player mic but you should really look into getting riff works or something like that for recording.

Oh I know it's horrible...we're going to be going into the studio in about a month so I can't wait to hear everything from a 3rd person...I basically just recorded them so I could stay fresh with them when we're not at practice. I may have to look into that riff works thing though.
I really like your style, sounds like you've got a great guitar sound going too. The only points I can see to be pedantic about are in untitled 1, there's quite a few spots where it sounds like a note is out of key or something, there are also a few of those in the bulwark spirts. Appart from that though it was great. Keep doign what your doing.
Quote by Tomo009
I really like your style, sounds like you've got a great guitar sound going too. The only points I can see to be pedantic about are in untitled 1, there's quite a few spots where it sounds like a note is out of key or something, there are also a few of those in the bulwark spirts. Appart from that though it was great. Keep doign what your doing.

those notes you're talking about were just me messing up...I was just too lazy to rerecord them haha
Hey there, I gave them a listen.
Bulwark Spirit had a pretty cool riff going on within it.
Are "It it is Finished 1 & 2" both the same song? If not, to me they sounded very much
alike for most parts.
Next to that, they were not too bad, would like to hear the final mixes when then are done!!

? CRIT MINE ?
GEAR:
SCHECTER "Diamond Series" REVENGER Guitar
VOX AD30VT Amp
ZOOM HD16CD Digital Mulit-Track Recorder
1 SHURE SM-57,1 Audio-Technica AT2035, 1 APEX 435 Mic. & 2 APEX 180 Condencer Mics
Edited with Audacity & Adobe Audition 3
^ no they're not necessarily the same song but they're intentionally similar. 2 will probably be first on the demo and 1 last, to kinda give it a full circle feel.